DISH Introduces Flex Pack

So here are the (good) details!

You must call or contact DIRT to find if your account qualifies. I don't know factually what they base it on but I am assuming that you qualify for a contract not just the Flex Pay per month, no doubt other things.

They will put a tag on your account. You sign into your account and agree to the two year contract, that gets you for the Top 200 $10 off a month, for 24 months.
You then have a choice to do auto pay or not, if you do that is another $5 off for a total of $15 savings.

Cancellation fee is only $10 a month of remaining time and the contract is in effect if you move, and can't get a signal etc... and if you pause you lose the discount, etc etc... same as always. So the most it could be is $240.

It includes - not including the $5 autopay discount...
Dish Latino Max $64.99
Dish Latino Dos $54.99
Dish Latino Plus $39.99
Top 250 $79.99
Top 200 $69.99
Top 120+ $59.99
Flex Pack $34.99 including locals or one pack. (Requires Auto pay)

I do not see any other packs included.

I am extremely happy with this change in DISH policy. In my case they have moved channels down to the Top 200 making the top 250 unnecessary now for us and I already dropped to the Top 200 saving $10. Now I will save a minimum of that and the $15 a month for 24 months without losing programming I had or wanted. That's $600 minimum for the two years. And that price is guaranteed for the 24 months.

Last edited:
I got tired of paying for channels I never watch and prices increasing, so signed up for Flex Pack. Waiting for the new smart card for my receiver to arrive and get activated. One frustration is I have a DVR receiver and have two TVs hooked up to it but I hardly ever use the DVR but have to pay for the $7 DVR fee. Was told by Dish reps that the DVR receiver is the only receiver that can run two TVs, so I am stuck paying for something I don't use. I can't believe they can't make a non DVR receiver that can run twoTVs. Come on Dish! I have been a Dish customer for a very long time( started out at $19.99 a month now up to over $80) and I hate change so I am going to give the Flex pack a shot, but I am on the verge of dropping Dish altogether and go with a streaming service like Sling TV or Playstation Vue.

I got tired of paying for channels I never watch and prices increasing, so signed up for Flex Pack. Waiting for the new smart card for my receiver to arrive and get activated. One frustration is I have a DVR receiver and have two TVs hooked up to it but I hardly ever use the DVR but have to pay for the $7 DVR fee. Was told by Dish reps that the DVR receiver is the only receiver that can run two TVs, so I am stuck paying for something I don't use. I can't believe they can't make a non DVR receiver that can run twoTVs. Come on Dish! I have been a Dish customer for a very long time( started out at $19.99 a month now up to over $80) and I hate change so I am going to give the Flex pack a shot, but I am on the verge of dropping Dish altogether and go with a streaming service like Sling TV or Playstation Vue.
Have you inquired about the 222K? I would hope that it can still be leased or activated if purchased.

https://www.mydish.com/support/panel-222k

Since you don't want a DVR streaming may be right for you if you can get the programs you want.
It isn't a matter of not being able to build one, there just is not alot of demand for that in today's world. (non DVR) I don't know every service out there but I bet there is no one that has a two TV output HD non DVR. What about what you now have, one HD and one SD output but a non DVR DISH has that I believe.

Link
https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/products/receivers/non-dvr-receivers

I was told by two different Dish reps that there is no other receiver that will do two TVs. When my smart card comes in I have to call in to activate it, so I will ask again when I call in.
Contact a DIRT member here and ask about your options for the 222k before the card arrives.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TWF
Yeah, I understand I am weird not using the DVR and most people do. I tried Netflix and Amazon Video and they were just meh to me( though I did enjoy Daredevil on Netflix) and most people love those services. I did subscribe to Hulu because it seemed to have most of what I like. I also bought a roku stick and like it. My first baby steps into possible "cord cutting"....

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8
Great news about the discount. Waiting for dirt to come online so i can ask about if i qualify.

DISH is finally doing or starting to do what so many here have wanted. The Flex pack is a start to not pay for the more expensive sports or for Locals if you don't want them making a very decent package of cable channels for a much lower cost. And now customer retention that partially competes with new customer discounts. I like this better than calling for discounts and maybe, maybe not getting them and for less length of time. Very doubtful I would be leaving DISH after all these years anyway but even for others at only $10 penalty per month if you cancel you probably are not risking much. In fact if you do autopay after 8 months you would be even if you cancelled.

Contact a DIRT member here and ask about your options for the 222k before the card arrives.

Did not see a DIRT online here, so I logged into my account a MY Dish.com and chatted with a rep about the 222K and was told it was not in stock and no estimate when it would be back in stock. She suggested contacting a local Dish dealer to see if they had it in stock.

Reactions: Tampa8
The nice thing about going from a 722k to a 222k, is that (I believe) you wouldn't have to change your coax connections, the connectors would be the same on the back as the 722. If you have the 722k OTA module, I believe it would work on the 222k as well. I know you can get a 222k from Amazon and Ebay, if you are so inclined to DIY.

Don't need HD on both sets. Just don't need DVR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then a 222 is your only choice to avoid the 2nd room fee.

Ebay has them New and Refurbished for around $95 or less.
Free shipping.

I would just buy one and be done.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

and chatted with a rep about the 222K and was told it was not in stock and no estimate when it would be back in stock. She suggested contacting a local Dish dealer to see if they had it in stock.
This seller, https://dishdepot.com/product/dish-222k-hd-dual-tuner-receiver-everyday-low-price/, has the 222K. If Dish suggests you buy your own, will they give any concessions (credits, etc) ?

I'll repeat what I indicated in my post above - (1) TV will have HD while the 2nd TV will be SD.

Credits, and him having the Flex package not likely beyond what they are offering now. If they are giving credits for having your own equipment there a whole bunch of people waiting to sign up!. :)

Reactions: pattykay

Says out of stock.

Also this note: "The 222k will be discontinued and will no longer be available to activate on new accounts and will not be able to use as an upgrade on an existing account. They can be used to add or replace receivers on an existing commercial account, please call or email for availability."

No other seller I found mentioned that though. Suggest contacting DIRT/Chat about it before you buy.

Last edited:
^ Doesn't say out of stock for me. I just added one to the cart (then removed it).

^ Doesn't say out of stock for me. I just added one to the cart (then removed it).

$104.94 with free shipping.... it lets you add it but it does say out of stock in description and that you may not be able to add to an account.

Reactions: STDog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts