DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Product Description
DISH 222k HD Dual Tuner Receiver

Out of Stock, 622 HD DVR is the replacement for a dual tuner 2 room system.

The 222k will be discontinued and will no longer be available to activate on new accounts and will not be able to use as an upgrade on an existing account. They can be used to add or replace receivers on an existing commercial account, please call or email for availability.

Right below where you add it to the cart. But I see the problem - it says 622 in description and out of stock.....then says 222 will be discontinued...

If true about the 222K that may explain why the CSR's show no non DVR two output receivers for the OP.

FWIW, I just did a chat.

chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: Thinking of downgrading 722 to a 222k receiver.
chatAgent.png
Marquis (ID: EL6): Hi, I'm Marquis (ID: EL6). Thanks for contacting DISH.
chatAgent.png
Marquis (ID: EL6): Hi there! We will be happy to look into this downgrading option.
chatAgent.png
Marquis (ID: EL6): Unfortunately we do not have the 222k option. If you wanted to get rid of the DVR service, you would have to do two 211 receivers. However, the bill would remain the same, so it would not have a benefit.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: If I purchase a 222k receiver myself, can it be activated on my account?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: I see there are some being sold on Amazon and Ebay.
chatAgent.png
Marquis (ID: EL6): You should be able to do that. If you are wanting to remove the 722 receiver. We would just disable the 722 at that time
chatEndUserMessage.png
Me: ok, thanks. Just gathering information at this point.
chatAgent.png
Marquis (ID: EL6): No problem.

Reactions: STDog
Out of Stock, 622 HD DVR is the replacement for a dual tuner 2 room system.

Right below where you add it to the cart. But I see the problem - it says 622 in description and out of stock.....then says 222 will be discontinued...

I read that as saying the 622 is the replacement for the 222k.

I just though it was worth noting what was in the description.

Per dare2be's chat session, dishdepot.com is inaccurate, or at least misleading.
Maybe Dish plans to obsolete it soon?

I don't know how long before the announcement I checked, but it wasn't then, and I hadn't checked until now. :)

it lets you add it but it does say out of stock in description
Looks like Dish Depot needs to clean up their website. I don't think anyone can safely or accurately determine the situation based on the wording on that page !

I admit I did miss the "Out of stock" note. You'd think that a) the "add to cart" button would be disabled when there's no stock and b) they'd make the note a bit more noticeable.

Reactions: Tampa8 and dare2be
So here are the (good) details!

You must call or contact DIRT to find if your account qualifies. I don't know factually what they base it on but I am assuming that you qualify for a contract not just the Flex Pay per month, no doubt other things.

They will put a tag on your account. You sign into your account and agree to the two year contract, that gets you for the Top 200 $10 off a month, for 24 months.
You then have a choice to do auto pay or not, if you do that is another $5 off for a total of $15 savings.

Cancellation fee is only $10 a month of remaining time and the contract is in effect if you move, and can't get a signal etc... and if you pause you lose the discount, etc etc... same as always. So the most it could be is $240.

It includes - not including the $5 autopay discount...
Dish Latino Max $64.99
Dish Latino Dos $54.99
Dish Latino Plus $39.99
Top 250 $79.99
Top 200 $69.99
Top 120+ $59.99
Flex Pack $34.99 including locals or one pack. (Requires Auto pay)

I do not see any other packs included.

I am extremely happy with this change in DISH policy. In my case they have moved channels down to the Top 200 making the top 250 unnecessary now for us and I already dropped to the Top 200 saving $10. Now I will save a minimum of that and the $15 a month for 24 months without losing programming I had or wanted. That's $600 minimum for the two years. And that price is guaranteed for the 24 months.
Thanks to Tampa8 for the info and thanks to MattG for making it happen! I just took advantage of that offer. Saving the money per month is great, but the bonus is the locking in the rate for 24months as we all know it will go up next year. Now i just need to hope the autopay 5.00 discount takes as i didnt see that anywhere on the offer.

Reactions: Tampa8
Thanks to Tampa8 for the info and thanks to MattG for making it happen! I just took advantage of that offer. Saving the money per month is great, but the bonus is the locking in the rate for 24months as we all know it will go up next year. Now i just need to hope the autopay 5.00 discount takes as i didnt see that anywhere on the offer.

It is listed there, if you have autopay you should see that $5 discount with the next billing. There does seem to be a question as to needing or not needing paperless billing in addition to get the $5 savings.

It includes - not including the $5 autopay discount...
Dish Latino Max $64.99
Dish Latino Dos $54.99
Dish Latino Plus $39.99
Top 250 $79.99
Top 200 $69.99
Top 120+ $59.99
Flex Pack $34.99 including locals or one pack. (Requires Auto pay)
So, would Flex Pack be $24.99 per month ($19.99 per month with autopay) if you do not want to add one of the add-ons, or is Dish requiring an add-on to get this deal?

So, would Flex Pack be $24.99 per month ($19.99 per month with autopay) if you do not want to add one of the add-ons, or is Dish requiring an add-on to get this deal?

Flex pay is different. When I said requires Autopay I meant that is the only discount which is why it is required.
Therefore for current subscribers you would pay $24.99 if you did the contract with autopay, guaranteed pricing for 24 months. There is no $19.99 deal for anyone.
To my knowledge the $39.99 ($34.99) price is the way DISH is marketing it because then it could include locals. Makes it easier and honestly more correct when going to their comparison page to their other packages that all include locals.

Just to be complete - new subscribers who get a Hopper get a $5 discount off the Whole Home fee of $15 that current subscribers do not, but it isn't a discount off the package price.

Flex pay is different. When I said requires Autopay I meant that is the only discount which is why it is required.
Therefore for current subscribers you would pay $24.99 if you did the contract with autopay, guaranteed pricing for 24 months. There is no $19.99 deal for anyone.
To my knowledge the $39.99 ($34.99) price is the way DISH is marketing it because then it could include locals. Makes it easier and honestly more correct when going to their comparison page to their other packages that all include locals.

Just to be complete - new subscribers who get a Hopper get a $5 discount off the Whole Home fee of $15 that current subscribers do not, but it isn't a discount off the package price.
So existing don't get the $15 discount on an existing T200 if they sign a 2 year contract with autopay? So I can only drop from $80 to $40 by going to flex?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So existing don't get the $15 discount on an existing T200 if they sign a 2 year contract with autopay? So I can only drop from $80 to $40 by going to flex?

If your account qualifies, you will get the discount on at200. Thats what i have and i got the 10.00 discount for sure. (It already shows the new price in my programming). I just have to wait and see if my first new bill also has the 5.00 discount for autopay.

Reactions: tcat007
Smart card came today and got it activated with no problem. When I was browsing the new channel guide I noticed that I also now had local channels. Never had them before because I get them without Dish. I thought, hmm, they throw in the local channels? But after going to mydish.com and checking my account I am being charged $10 extra for the local pack???? Why would they automatically add that with out asking my permission. Not cool. Other than that Flex pack is fine except for no ESPN but can add it back for 10 bucks if so choose. Really only watched ESPN during football season for monday night football.

Reactions: pattykay
Smart card came today and got it activated with no problem. When I was browsing the new channel guide I noticed that I also now had local channels. Never had them before because I get them without Dish. I thought, hmm, they throw in the local channels? But after going to mydish.com and checking my account I am being charged $10 extra for the local pack???? Why would they automatically add that with out asking my permission. Not cool. Other than that Flex pack is fine except for no ESPN but can add it back for 10 bucks if so choose. Really only watched ESPN during football season for monday night football.
If you did not select the locals option, you should not have them. Time to contact DIRT, or secondly, chat.

If you did not select the locals option, you should not have them. Time to contact DIRT, or secondly, chat.
Just got off chat with a rep and had it removed. They never gave me the option to accept or decline the locals add on. When I got the smart card I called the support line and they walked me through the activation process and then informed me that I now had the flex pack. He did not ask me if i wanted any extras. So, anyone signing up to the Flex pack, beware of them slipping in something you may not want.

Reactions: pattykay

I'm not sure how you came that conclusion? As I said the Flex Pack is a different situation.
Go back and read what I posted, I listed what you will pay for each package if you sign a two year contract, it will be $10 less than the actual cost, plus you get another $5 off if you go autopay. That does not apply to the Flex package.

I went from $79.99 for the Top 200 to $64.99.

I'm not sure how you came that conclusion? As I said the Flex Pack is a different situation.
Go back and read what I posted, I listed what you will pay for each package if you sign a two year contract, it will be $10 less than the actual cost, plus you get another $5 off if you go autopay. That does not apply to the Flex package.

I went from $79.99 for the Top 200 to $64.99.
Thanks, kind of what I was hoping. In theory it does apply to the Flex pack since you're getting a free $10 pack and the $5 autopay discount. Betting in 2 years they'll charge the extra $10 for locals (or whatever pack you choose). I'm leaning to the $40 Flex rather than the $65 T200. Cnbc just not worth the extra $25 (only channel I watch a lot).

Thanks, kind of what I was hoping. In theory it does apply to the Flex pack since you're getting a free $10 pack and the $5 autopay discount. Betting in 2 years they'll charge the extra $10 for locals (or whatever pack you choose). I'm leaning to the $40 Flex rather than the $65 T200. Cnbc just not worth the extra $25 (only channel I watch a lot).

You aren't getting a free $10 pack though. The only discount is $5 autopay. The Flex Pack is $29.99, with autopay $24.99. The Flex Pack with one add on is $39.99 and with the autopay discount $34.99. DISH is advertising the Flex Pack with one add on but not at discounted price for the add on.

Reactions: tcat007