DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Switching at will impacts Dish in no way. This system is 100% hands-off for them and requires zero effort. It's the same as ordering PPV - do it through the receiver or online, no fee. Call Dish and have a human add it, they charge a fee (and should).

Now, the network or channel owners may have a problem with this.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
So why Implement a fee for everyone else?
Just because they can?
I find it hard to believe that it doesn't effect something by downgrading within 30 days.
If network contracts are based on a current number of subscribers, "which is claimed so here"

I doubt the networks are going to Pro-rate Dish Networks bill for your weekend football game.
Networks contracts are on a monthly basis, not Daily.

Reactions: KAB
Just because they can?
I find it hard to believe that it doesn't effect something by downgrading within 30 days.
If network contracts are based on a current number of subscribers, "which is claimed so here"

I doubt the networks are going to Pro-rate Dish Networks bill for your weekend football game.
I see no reason to have the Fee at all ,if you do it online. If it takes a live person , yes a Fee.

Just because they can?

Another RARE occasion I agree with you!:oldwink

I think that the FEE was to encourage you to stay with what you have added and not to cut down your bill. That and they charge the FEE because they CAN. Just like they don't charge the FEE with the Flex pack. It is entirely their call , one way or another. The FEES and additional receiver fees , dvr FEES , all go to their bottom line and their profits. They can charge as much or as little as they want on those. Evidence there is no monthly FEE for the 211ks & wallys if you add the external hard drive and pay the $40.00 one time fee on your account. That includes all the 211ks & wallys on your account, just one $40.00 fee.

They don't charge an "upgrade" fee and the exact same work is involved in doing that.
Wrong. It is now a change fee. If you make changes (up or down) in programming package level within 30 days of the last change, you will be charged. Also, if you are outside the 30-day window and downgrade, you won't be charged.

Wrong. It is now a change fee. If you make changes (up or down) in programming package level within 30 days of the last change, you will be charged. Also, if you are outside the 30-day window and downgrade, you won't be charged.

Uh, no. I've gone up since they changed the terminology and they do not charge when you upgrade regardless of anything you might read on their site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh, no. I've gone up since they changed the terminology and they do not charge when you upgrade regardless of anything you might read on their site.

Did your upgrade occur less than 30 days from the last change you made?

I think we can only go by what DISH says their charges are or at least are posting what they are telling you in advance that they may charge. The policy isn't that there is an upgrade fee, but it is that any packages dropped within 30 days of adding them DISH reserves the right to charge you a change fee. (non Flex)
It may be that if you drop a package within 30 days but add a higher one they won't charge you for dropping the lower one, but they can.

"Other TV programming removal within 30 days of addition $5.00"

Dish says:

"Changing Your Programming Selection. In the event that you elect to change your programming selection, then you must notify us and comply with all of the terms and conditions specified in this Agreement and your applicable Promotion Agreement(s) (including, without limitation, those terms and conditions that may prevent you from making such changes under certain circumstances). A Programming Change Fee (as set forth in Exhibit 1) may apply to such programming changes."

That's legal-speak for saying "we can charge you the fee, or not charge the fee, at our discretion". It can also cover a rep telling the customer, "since you're such a valued Dish customer, I'm going to waive the normal fee for making programming changes" and make the customer feel special.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
A Programming Change Fee (as set forth in Exhibit 1) may apply to such programming changes."
That's legal-speak for saying it may apply (within 30 days), or not if it's outside the 30-day window, or if the CSR decides to waive it. Also note it does not distinguish between adding or removing services, just changing, if you want to continue the legalese rhetoric.

Did your upgrade occur less than 30 days from the last change you made?

Yes.

I had changed to the Flex Pack and some other packs with it. Then my son wanted to follow his sainted San Diego Chargers, so within 2 weeks I upped to the T200 and Multi-Sport. No charge to do so.

As other posts have indicated, they 'could' charge for an upgrade within 30 days, but it doesn't seem they are actually doing so yet.

Ok, then, Tampa had it right. Just to be clear there is no "change" or "downgrade" fee if you remove or lower a package outside the 30-day window, which is the way it used to be.

any packages dropped within 30 days of adding them DISH reserves the right to charge you a change fee.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)