Dish is coming to give me my HD channels for FREE

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I think that DISH should duplicate international channels on both arcs and drop off the 118 sat. Then just two simple dishes to install depending on where your line of sight is and your locals are located. There would still be a need for two dish installs if there were line of sight issues because of trees etc, but there would be less need if they duplicated everything on both arcs .

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
MikeD-C05 said:
I think that DISH should duplicate international channels on both arcs and drop off the 118 sat. Then just two simple dishes to install depending on where your line of sight is and your locals are located. There would still be a need for two dish installs if there were line of sight issues because of trees etc, but there would be less need if they duplicated everything on both arcs .

Your right, but they don't have room on WA... They would if they would do the MPEG 4 conversion.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Your right, but they don't have room on WA... They would if they would do the MPEG 4 conversion.

I see them duplicating internationals on both arcs once they complete the mpeg 4 transition on western arc. Should be in the next few years . Then it would be much simpler for installations ,either eastern arc dish or western arc. They can always rent out the 118 sat to other businesses like they did the 121 and 105 sats.

hdtvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
I see them duplicating internationals on both arcs once they complete the mpeg 4 transition on western arc....

Completely agree on the two arc deployment - hope they will consider that. There would be the added benefit to DN that they could more easily up-sell English and Latino packages to the low churn international customers - who traditionally are long standing subs due to having the internationals to stay in touch with their homelands. I know quite a few of these international subs that have cable for their everyday TV and only sub to the international package on DN. An added incentive would be $5-10 off of a combined international pack with a english/latino pack.

Last edited:

Brianm1

Feb 11, 2010
earth
I don't quite understand this. This company just GAVE you 600$+ in equipment for free (admittedly on your own part) 3+ hours of labor, gas costs etc; and did it for free. You had to make 1 call to resolve this on your end and the COMPANY sucks?

I understand you being upset that you had to call but lets be reasonable here, this company just went above and beyond for you. I'm glad you 'kept your cool' because frankly, I can't imagine any reason it would be appropriate to get angry and scream at a CSR who makes 8$ an hour to answer phones only to be screamed at day in and day out for the ineptness of a few. I knew reading this thread you'd end up being one of those people, someone who needed to find the angle and be the hero by giving it to 'the man'. I'm just disappointed that I was right.

Also, your e-bill that generates at times does not reflect the service visit fee reversal immediately or any non-standard waivers.

I get where your coming from but, it is their fault their techs have no clue what they are saying or doing.
What annoys me is that they try to steal money from me by *forgetting* to have left a note saying the 95 or 100 bucks was to be exempt from the bill.
Also those commercials about how Dish has the highest satisfactory rate with customers? BS- people are more likely to fill out surveys when they are in a more pleased, and better mood than angry customers so that crap is all wrong.

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
The OP has every right to be angry as he was promised one thing, delivered another and had to call multiple times to correct errors. ....
I suspect that most would agree the OP has basis for being angry, I hope that most would not agree that he has the right to be abusive and rude. Don't you agree?

SaltiDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2004
Wouldn't they already be doing this if they had the capacity?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Wouldn't they already be doing this if they had the capacity?

Once both arcs are all mpeg 4 I see them doing this . Most of the international channels are already on 61.5 sat ,and have been for awhile. I am betting this is the ultimate goal by DISH to eliminate the two dish installs and so they can compete with DIRECTV and their one dish installs.

hdtvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
Once both arcs are all mpeg 4 I see them doing this . Most of the international channels are already on 61.5 sat ,and have been for awhile. I am betting this is the ultimate goal by DISH to eliminate the two dish installs and so they can compete with DIRECTV and their one dish installs.
Well, since it's been two months ands still no BENFC on the eastern arc, I say they should have delayed their price increase on the Luso Pack (they used adding BENFC and SPORTtv as one of their increase justifications) until they can provide all the pack channels on BOTH arcs. Right now there are people already paying the extra increase and are not getting all the channels in the pack and there are lots of rumblings in the subscriber community. Those that call and complain are being told they need to pay a $95 installation fee for a wing dish for 118 - (which of course is useless if you dont have the look angle available). How ridiculous is it that there currently exists capacity on 61.5 for many part time transmission channels (see channel list under TEMP) but not for a channel that is a part of one of their international packs. The other new rumblings about international package price changes are not going to help either. Dish needs to know that people are getting fed up on the east coast with not getting all they are paying for.

Last edited:

hdtvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
Well, maybe Dish is finally listening - I now see on the Channel list that 739 BENF as currently inactive but listed on transponder 6 of 61.5
I can only hope they will follow through soon and activate it - there will lots of happy Luso-pack"ers"

hdtvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
Well, maybe Dish is finally listening - I now see on the Channel list that 739 BENF as currently inactive but listed on transponder 6 of 61.5
I can only hope they will follow through soon and activate it - there will lots of happy Luso-pack"ers"

Well so much for positive thinking.... 739 has been in unavailable status on 61.5 for months - which means those of us that have HD and Latino packages and followed DISHs advice and upgraded to 1000.4 setups still cannot get this channel - even though everything else on the Luso Pack is already on 61.5.
The idea of a wing dish on 118 for only one channel is ridiculous.... maybe they just forgot to turn 739 on.... ??? One can never figure out the mysteries of Dish's channel allocations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)