Dish Is now showing TBS HD!

Nope this is his first. :) We won the tickets by being members of the Red Sox Nation Fan Club. Best $14.95 I have ever spent! :D

We are going in early to beat the traffic and check in at the hotel.

His reaction to whole the experience will make it all worth it. Can't beat being at the game. Especially a playoff game. Have fun man!

I think the MLB made a huge mistake allowing TBS to carry the post season... they are requiring people to have some form of pay tv and TBS JUST launched their HD channel so provider coverage is not quite there just yet... and yes there are many other providers around the country besides E* (contrary to the thought going on in this thread) that don't have TBSHD...

People keep saying E* dropped the ball and needs to respond... if you ask me they preemptively responded by adding more national HD channels in August and then a few more in September...

D* has a better marketing department and seems to be able to get more press (the 100 channel challenge worked well) while E* has taken a slow and steady approach....

Over the last 2+ years I've been more than satisfied with my E* HD package... I couldn't imagine having to wait as long as D* subs had to so see any new HD especially w/o the threat of losing a channel due to too many sports games being on at once!

I like baseball and I'd probably watch a few games if they were on in HD but I'd prefer E* hold out for a better HD channel.

Guys, try bagging your own preferences here and look at the big picture: it is freaking embarrassing for Dish to be the only major provider NOT carrying the baseball playoffs in HD.

We should cry for a channel we don't want because some tiny fraction of the population judges the status of Dish Network by whether they carry the MLB playoffs in HD? Why should I even care what stragers think of Dish. I want channels I want.

Your preferences don't matter to me at all. It is my preferences that I care about. I can't imagine being embarrassed by Dish for any reason. I'm definitely not embarrassed they are not falling all over themselves to add a channel like TBS HD.

I'd prefer all stations to be Hd but if we have to pick and choose buy a vote wouldn't that be fun. TBS HD isnt a big need but anything on an Hd station is better than most SD channels. There is a big cry for the SCI- FI channel in HD , a station I seldom watch, but in HD I'd check it out more often in HD. Is the need to watch HD only ever going to wear off?:)

They think that everyone is a huge sports fan...well I am a movie fan, and much prefer they added the new MGM HD channel. Ever watch a movie on TNT hd? Thought I would catch TITANIC a few weeks ago. Over 1 hour 15 minutes of commercuals, and during the entire movie, logos flying over the picture and now, advertising over the image. I could care less about TBS ot TNT.

TNT is just painful to watch. It seems to me that anyone who cares about HD cares about the quality of the presentation of their shows. Why would anyone want TNT HD or TBS HD outside the playoffs?

I think the MLB made a huge mistake allowing TBS to carry the post season... they are requiring people to have some form of pay tv and TBS JUST launched their HD channel so provider coverage is not quite there just yet... and yes there are many other providers around the country besides E* (contrary to the thought going on in this thread) that don't have TBSHD...

People keep saying E* dropped the ball and needs to respond... if you ask me they preemptively responded by adding more national HD channels in August and then a few more in September...

D* has a better marketing department and seems to be able to get more press (the 100 channel challenge worked well) while E* has taken a slow and steady approach....

Over the last 2+ years I've been more than satisfied with my E* HD package... I couldn't imagine having to wait as long as D* subs had to so see any new HD especially w/o the threat of losing a channel due to too many sports games being on at once!

I like baseball and I'd probably watch a few games if they were on in HD but I'd prefer E* hold out for a better HD channel.

MLB only cares about one thing..... MONEY.

And TBS came calling with the biggest check.

End of story.

Look at the whole MLBEI mess. They caved enough to let the cable companies increase the check amount, and that was it.

It has been said here many times that the number of channels is more important than the quality of those channels. I am a quality over quantity proponent. As far as I am concerned, most of the stuff that both E* and D* are adding aren't worth having at this point. I don't buy the reason that all the programmers are now jumping on the HD bandwagon to reserve their spot so they can add future HD programming. In a year from now, if a brand new channels is announced that has HD content, it will be added with no problem.

I know it doesn't exist, but what the heck is wrong with Turner that they have TBS in HD and not TCM? It's the one Turner channel which would benefit immediately.

I don't need reruns of sitcoms I never liked to begin with in HD. And I realize that's just my personal taste and opinion talking, but even from an objective point of view, TCM-HD makes more sense. Virtually everything they show is in widescreen, and they OWN the master prints in most cases. I realize they have to make new HD masters, but they should have started doing that a couple years ago.

It has been said here many times that the number of channels is more important than the quality of those channels. I am a quality over quantity proponent. As far as I am concerned, most of the stuff that both E* and D* are adding aren't worth having at this point. I don't buy the reason that all the programmers are now jumping on the HD bandwagon to reserve their spot so they can add future HD programming. In a year from now, if a brand new channels is announced that has HD content, it will be added with no problem.

Quantity will aways win over quality. That's why breakfast cereal companies make dozens of brands. The more brands, the more feet of shelf space. The more feet of shelf space the more likely the random hand will grab a brand made by company X.

The more channels X entertainment makes the more likely the viewer will stumble across one of their channels and stay just long enough to see one of their paid spots.

It's all marketing and statistics. Nick, NickToons, MTV, MTV2, etc; you buy time on this bunch and you will sell more pimple cream. And x entertainment will never let charlie or D* or TWC or Cox customers cherry pick the one good channel and skip the crap. No one writing the checks gives a sh** whether 7 out of 8 channels are crap or not. Charlie gives the whole bunch to any customer interested or he gets nothing to carry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)