Dish is really starting to SUCK!

whitty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Kentucky
Today the 110 sat. would not come in, thinking that something knocked it out of alignment, I re-aimed it but could never get it to come in. I called DISH and the rep had me do the check switch test, after I had done it at least twenty times, she informs me that Dish will have to send me another receiver, which will take three to five business days, which translates I'll get it about next Friday. Directv is lokking better at this point. By the way, been DISH sub going on fourteen years.

How did the rep determine it was the receiver rather than the LNB/switch assembly?

Beats me. She put me on hold three times, when she came back the last time, she said it was a smart card issue and I needed another receiver.

whitty said:
Beats me. She put me on hold three times, when she came back the last time, she said it was a smart card issue and I needed another receiver.

What receiver model/number (example: 211, 222, 722, 922, Hopper, etc.)?

Here we go, another one to sensationalize the thread title where lots of questions lie beneath.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rather, why not ask why?????

whitty said:

If the smart card was yellow, then there may have been an issue. Purple should be good. I am not sure what the issue may be. Someone else may be able to join in to help.

I would contact a DIRT member.

Here we go, another one to sensationalize the thread title where lots of questions lie beneath.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rather, why not ask why?????

Is it a full moon tonight?Sure seems to be something off kilter.

Today the 110 sat. would not come in, thinking that something knocked it out of alignment, I re-aimed it but could never get it to come in. I called DISH and the rep had me do the check switch test, after I had done it at least twenty times, she informs me that Dish will have to send me another receiver, which will take three to five business days, which translates I'll get it about next Friday. Directv is lokking better at this point. By the way, been DISH sub going on fourteen years.
Hi, I am sorry about the problem with the 110 satellite. What happened with the check switch test? Did you get an error message? Please PM me your account of phone number so I can review your account. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts