Dish Launches Big 10 Network

I doubt very many people outside B10 states will add the sports pack for B10 games.

There are a LOT of B10 fans living outside of B10 states. B10 universities are amongst the largest in the USA and collectively graduate something like 80,000+ people a year. Many of them move to other states. And then there are all of the retirees who lived in Illinois, Ohio, PA, etc who moved south and/or west.

When Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State play outside of the region, they draw large crowds.

When Wisconsin played UCLA in the Rose Bowl a few years back, there were 75,000 Badger fans at the game. They outnumbered UCLA fans 3:1.

I'm not saying the BTN is going to garner high ratings, but there is a surprising level of interest in the B10 in states like Florida, California, Arizona, New York, New Jersey, and a fair amount of interest in the bordering states of Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia, and the Dakotas.

The BTN recognizes that interest is out there and this is the reason why they pushed to get national coverage.

There are a LOT of B10 fans living outside of B10 states.
I know there are, as are ACC/SEC/Big 12 fans outside of their states, which is why I said "Those that would add it, probably already have it."
That's why I have the sports pack, to catch ACC or SEC games that the Fox sports nets have. The addition of an SEC channel to the sports pack wouldn't change things for me, nor most of the out of markets SEC fans either.

When Wisconsin played UCLA in the Rose Bowl a few years back, there were 75,000 Badger fans at the game. They outnumbered UCLA fans 3:1.

Wisconsin fans are crazy. UNLV has actually sold quite a few season ticket packages to Badger fans desperate for a seat at Saturday's game. (Yeah it's a trip to Vegas, but UNLV is a mid-major cellar dweller in football.)

I enjoyed watching a couple hours of programming last night. I was impressed with the quality of the broadcast.

The studio production was excellent and the quality of the Michigan replay was spectacular - and I'm just talking about the SD feed. I was switching back and forth between the Michigan replay and the Indy - Saints game and it was almost like night and day. My local feed of NBC REALLY looked poor compared to the video quality of the broadcast from the Big 10 Network.

Well done!

I liked it so much I think I'll go out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight and thank them for sponsoring the Big 10 Network!

:hungry: :D

I agree about the production quality. The two sets of announcers I've heard have both been solid. I think OSU fans would take the #7 team which includes Butler By'not'e.This guy Mike Hall in studio was the ESPN "Dream Job" winner a few years back ironically. The HD highlights on ESPN last week looked really good.

I haven't seen anyone post the alt feed channels so here they are.

Saturday 9/8 Noon ET
439 Akron @ OSU (HD on 9467)
440 BGSU @ MSU
441 Nevada @ NW
442 Miami (OH) @ MINN
443 E ILL @ Purdue

7pm ET
440 W ILL @ ILL

8pm ET
439 Syracuse @ Iowa (HD on 9467)

Saturday 9/8 Noon ET
439 Akron @ OSU (HD on 9467)
440 BGSU @ MSU
441 Nevada @ NW
442 Miami (OH) @ MINN
443 E ILL @ Purdue

7pm ET
440 W ILL @ ILL

8pm ET
439 Syracuse @ Iowa (HD on 9467)[/quote]

Simply Wonderful!!!!!!!!!:)

As a college football fan, I'm loving this news. You never know when your team is going to play a Big 10 team and be stuck on the network.

I'd also like to say, I don't care if it's costing other subscribers more money. I really don't. I can't begin to list the channels I pay for that I never watch, So if you want to get rid of my sports channels, I'd equally want to get rid of your MTV, Lifetime, et al.

Deal with it. Life sucks, wear a helmet.

I just paged forward on my program guide to Sat. at 7 pm.
It shows a PPV movie in this time spot.
Is that accurate?

im pretty sure that there wont be any guide data on the PPV channel since it is just carrying the HD stream of that channel. Next week we'll have the BTN HD channel as its own channel.
At least thats the way I understand it

hope no one wants to order a PPV movie during the 2 games saturday :D

As The BTN Turns!!

Big 10 network has a new twist!!

Q: As a DISH Network customer, do I get the Big Ten Network?
A: Yes. DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439 through March 2008.

Additionally, the satellite provider has also committed to carrying the network's overflow games so subscribers will have access to all Big Ten Network games when multiple games are being produced. Call your DISH Network provider for more information.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers inside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from America's Top 100 (AT100) service to its America's Top 100 Plus service (AT100+) where all its regional sports networks are carried. That level of service is the equivalent to expanded basic cable.

Beginning in March 2008 for DISH customers outside the Big Ten's eight states, DISH Network will move the Big Ten Network from AT100 to a to-be-determined level of service.

This remains consistent with our stance that if you live within the Big Ten footprint, you should be able to receive the Big Ten Network on an expanded basic – or the equivalent – level of service. Outside of the Big Ten region, we are flexible on our carriage terms.

Big Ten Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts