DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

No, wait...

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

No, wait...

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

LOL that is a lot of popcorn, I bet he could eat it all before this drama unfolds... It seems like Charlie wants Clearwire more than Sprint, and is using 2 different plans of attack to get it, both direct bidding and by bidding Sprint.

Or it could be two plans of attack to try to get Sprint as well. If Dish gets Clearwire then Sprint may be more likely to accept Dish's bid. It sure would give Dish a bit more of an advantage.

Is the value of Clearwire spectrum included in Softbank's bid amount for Sprint? Does "losing" Clearwire make Sprint worth less than the offer?
GOD DISH must really ,really want Sprint to keep upping the bid this much.
One word, infrastructure.

Is the value of Clearwire spectrum included in Softbank's bid amount for Sprint? Does "losing" Clearwire make Sprint worth less than the offer?

One word, infrastructure.

Sprint has about half of Clearwire now, so a bid for Sprint includes about half of Clearwire I would think. Dish is bidding on the Clearwire owned portion, so Sprint/Softbank would have to deal with him whether they want to or not if he grabs Clearwire's portion. If he gets Sprint the company and also Clearwire's portion of its owned spectrum, he'll have all of it or if Sprint grabs Clearwire's portion and Dish buys Sprint, he'll have all the spectrum. Dish is trying for a box, it would seem.

If Charlie gets Clearwire and not Sprint then he figures he would be more likely to make some decent deals with Sprint on using their tower space.

If Charlie gets Clearwire and not Sprint then he figures he would be more likely to make some decent deals with Sprint on using their tower space.

Charlie cannot get Clearwire, after all Sprint owns half, and Sprint will not sell. But, if he gets 25+% he controls half the vote of the minority shareholders which makes it pretty much impossible for Sprint to do anything with Clearwire without his consent.

Charlie cannot get Clearwire, after all Sprint owns half, and Sprint will not sell. But, if he gets 25+% he controls half the vote of the minority shareholders which makes it pretty much impossible for Sprint to do anything with Clearwire without his consent.

I meant the share that is available for sale but with that said, it got me thinking. If Charlie got that share of Clearwire but didn't get Sprint then Charlie could trade some spectrum for the rest of Clearwire and/or rights to Sprint towers.

Thought thsi was interesting...DISH Network Knows Cord Cutting Is the Future http://beta.fool.com/joekurtz/2013/...-is-the-future/35840/?source=eogyholnk0000001 Thought this part of it was interesting as other parts of it........Why is DISH trying to acquire a major wireless provider? Could it have anything to do with cord cutting?

DISH Network’s recent moves

Japanese firm SoftBank made an offer to buy 70% of Sprint back in October for $7.30 per share. In April, DISH Network made a rival bid, offering only $4.76 in cash, but about $2.24 in DISH stock.

Yet, it looks like SoftBank will win out. The company said it expected to close its merger with Sprint in July, and the deal received security clearance on Wednesday (DISH had been waging a campaign to nix the deal on the grounds of national security).

Spectrum is what the Clearwire bid is about, and the future kings are those with the most spectrum. Spectrum in this context is bandwidth, and the more you have, the more services you can deliver.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)