DISH MODEL DTV66E

Blue1767

Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Montreal
I was just wondering if I an use this dish(DirecTV International dish--DTV66E), seeing that it is very wide, better reception, I would think, to catch Dish Western Arc(110, 119 & 129)....Thank you in advance.

is the DTV66E dish versatile

I was just wondering if I an use this dish(DirecTV International dish--DTV66E), seeing that it is very wide, better reception, I would think, to catch Dish Western Arc(110, 119 & 129) & want to use it for DirecTV for Sats(99, 101, 103, 110 & 119) or am I better off getting a DirecTV Slimline?....Thank you in advance.​

Last edited:
Wrong forum. You should contact a mod and ask for it to be moved to the regular Dish forum.

DirecTV = Slimline

If you want DishNet satellites, you should use their dish.
The LNB technology and spacing between them is specific to the task.

If you want DirecTV satellites, you need their dish.
IT is equipped with Ka LNBs as required for their service.

If you want service from both companies, you need both dishes!

And this post needs to be moved to the correct forum, apparently DirecTV.

Last edited:
Hi folks, I first posted this on the Dish vs DirecTv forum, then seeing I got no replies so then I wrote to Satellite Guys for a response & then it was moved to this forum, fyi, so I hope this is the right forum. Thank you for the reply Anole & yes the lnbs are different, even the spacing for their respective Sats but if I just want to exchange the LNBs(use DishLNBs on) the DTV66E dish will I not get a better reception using the larger elliptical dish(DTV66E) as compared to the smaller size dish(1000.2) from Dish.

Use a DISH 1000.2 or a 1000.4 it is designed to work on the DISH System there is quite a bit more than just the size of the reflectorinvolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)