Dish Mover charges

ChefBoy

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Pasadena, CA
BFG said:
I don't think that means he got it free. That's how dish does charges. <snip> They chared me $29 ahead of time on my credit card

No, like Grandma, I got it free. No up front charge on a CC. My bill shows a $99.95 install fee, then a discount of the same amount.

It sounds like Grandma will be taken care of. I was surprised and happy about how easy my move and the install was. Two guys came out and cabled three spots and put up the Dish. They were fast and neat, so I have no complaints.

Barry

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
ChefBoy said:
No, like Grandma, I got it free. No up front charge on a CC. My bill shows a $99.95 install fee, then a discount of the same amount.

It sounds like Grandma will be taken care of. I was surprised and happy about how easy my move and the install was. Two guys came out and cabled three spots and put up the Dish. They were fast and neat, so I have no complaints.

Barry

Same here. Moved about 7 months ago. Installed in new house. Added an additional receiver that I had bought online and didn't charge me anything. No commitment or signing up for CC autopay (still send in a check each month). Install went real smooth other that getting the software up to date on the purchased receiver. :)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well they're suppose to be at her house today between 8-noon

Hopefully they show up :)

(this should be an easy install for them)

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Iceberg I got to tell you, If it was my grandmother I think I would do the install my self to insure everything would go smoothly and was done right. I know there are good installers out there but ...... Maybe at least be there to make sure it's done right. Good luck what ever you do.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
ByrdWatcher said:
Iceberg I got to tell you, If it was my grandmother I think I would do the install my self to insure everything would go smoothly and was done right. I know there are good installers out there but ...... Maybe at least be there to make sure it's done right. Good luck what ever you do.

I would have done it last night but it was late (7:30 when we got done with the moving part) so I didnt want to deal with it.

I won't be there today (I'm at work) so hopefully it's done right. I did some scoping out and it should be rather easy....its a one receiver install :)

I'll check it out tonight and report back tomorrow

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well I called her and the guy was there installing it at 11:50 (barely made it between 8-noon) :D

We'll see what it looks like tonight :)

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Stargazer said:
How did the install turn out? Hopefully they did a decent job.
So, either it was a total disaster and Iceberg is still over at Grandma's getting things straightened out, or it went swimmingly and he's kicking back with Granny, watching Shotime Extreme...

Or maybe he's helping unpack after the move. Anyway, he's being a good grandson. He'll let us know...

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, I swung by there and the TV was working (which was good).

I went out an took a look. Now, mostly what you hear on here is how bad an install went. Well, I have a good install story :)

Dish is mounted on the corner of the house and the lines (don't know why there is two lines run when she has one receiver) down the edge of the house, along the bottom of the house and into the existing wiring (which is brand new). It took me a while to find where it went once it got down to the ground, because the tech hid it very well. The only spots you see cabling are in the 2 pictures attached...one when it comes off the dish and the little bit where it turns to run along the house. Everything else is hidden behind the siding.

PSB will be happy because its grounded too :)

Tech did a damn good job of the install if I do say so myself :D

Last edited:

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Foxbat said:
So, either it was a total disaster and Iceberg is still over at Grandma's getting things straightened out
nope. Its a one receiver job...they couldn't screw it up :)
, or it went swimmingly and he's kicking back with Granny, watching Shotime Extreme...
hee hee...I don't thinkk Grandma would know what Showtime is. If I made a favorites list for her it would be the news, FSN North and GAC
Or maybe he's helping unpack after the move. Anyway, he's being a good grandson. He'll let us know...
oh yeah...got suckered into helping do that for a couple hours:D

twillers

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 8, 2005
Iceberg, I think the real reason the installer did a good job was because he's been reading this thread. I'm sure he was slightly intimidated by your picture, which gave him incentive to do a good job. LOL

twillers

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 8, 2005
Iceberg, I think the real reason the installer did a good job was because he's been reading this thread. I'm sure he was slightly intimidated by your picture, which gave him incentive to do a good job. LOL

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
that would be funny....tech's looking at their schedule going "do I have a dish mover at an old lady's house between 8-noon today?"...no..GOOD :)

or
"do I have a dish mover at an old lady's house between 8-noon today?"....oh sh*t...I better do it right :)

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
I was thinking the same thing, along the lines of granny only has to say 4 simple words: my grandson is Iceberg...

larrystotler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 5, 2004
Winchester, VA
The reason there are 2 lines run is that 2-3 years ago, E* started requiring that ALL installs supported at least 2 receivers from the beginning. A lot of dealers were getting Dish Kits with 2 SW21s and keeping the second and getting it for free. When the Twins came out, this was no longer really an issue, but it is a lot easier and a lot more convient for the installer and the customer to already have 2 lines properly ground so that when an upgrade is down, all that is needed is to hook the wire to the block. That way the installer isn't running new lines and/or pulling the old line down to replace it.

As for the dish mover, it was and still is, AFAIK, $99. However, if you sign a 1 year commit, you get it for $24.95 w/out CCAP, and for free with the CCAP and the DHPP. They may have changed it. I haven't done a movers in a while so I'm not sure.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
the paperwork that she signed said "0 charge" and a 1 yr commit (which was fine by her)

I told her to check her next couple of invoices to see if there is anythign funky on it :)

larrystotler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 5, 2004
Winchester, VA
The other point I forgot to mention with DIshmover is that it will support installation of up to 4 receviers/tuners, however, you must bring any switches needed to hookup more than 2 tuners/receivers. You can be charged for switches and tuners/receivers installed past 4, or any custom work like pole mounts if using a retailer, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)