Dish Movie Pack: Starz Cinema (353) "replaced" with Starz Kids & Family (356)

Are you happy with Starz Kids & Family as a replacement for Starz Cinema in the Dish Movie Pack?

• Yes

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
I have the $10 HBO but did a chat to get it. Whenever I go to cancel the Movie Pack, I always get a pop up for half price. :)

Talking to someone isn't necessary recently I just removed HBO via the website and it was offered to me as an "special everyday low price"

As for the poll I'm neither happy/nor sad about the loss/gain. I never really watched Starz Kids and Family and I never watched Starz Cinema because it's not in HD.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Do you have the Welcome Pack? We downgraded a while back to it (when the Turner dispute occurred). Both channels were working, but Cinema went green today.
I got a popup for the HBO for $10/month when logging into the account. I figured it would not hurt to try it and HBO Go for the special price. At first, I was afraid to cancel the Movie Pack but was offered to keep it for 1/2 off.
Perhaps you were grandfathered for Starz Cinema, and you lost it because you made changes to your account. More than once, I have lost extra channels that I had been getting before, when I made changes to my account online.

My Starz On Demand Access through the Movie Pack seems to be gone now. Since Starz cinema was in SD I didn't
watch it much. Outlander and a movie a month was all I was watching on it's On Demand.

Still works here. Top 200 with half off movie pack promo. We watched the entire final season of davincis demons. I also just downloaded and started to watch an episode of outlander and a movie just to double check and it worked fine.

Love the content on Starz Cinema, but I won't watch it because it is in SD. Starz Cinemea in HD would be great and because of its less often available content, a good candidate for HD.

I noticed that the description of the Dish Movie Pack in the Premium Package Marketplace (channel 298) still lists Starz Cinema as part of the package.* If Starz Cinema is no longer included in Dish Movie Pack, then that is false advertising, and Dish should be forced to add Starz Cinema back to Dish Movie Pack until that description gets updated.

*Note: this is on a non-Hopper receiver. The Hopper version of the Premium Package Marketplace correctly lists Starz Kids & Family instead of Starz Cinema.

I just found out Starz Play works for Dish customers! I have Dish Movie Pack and was able to log in on the Starz Play website and mobile apps. I don't remember this being announced or mentioned here.
Must be recent as it didn't work a couple of months ago when I tried it.

i wonder any news on the these two hd channels. starz cinema, and starz in black and the rest of the encore channels in hd

i wonder any news on the these two hd channels. starz cinema, and starz in black and the rest of the encore channels in hd
If you weren't so humorous with your incessant pleas for HD, whether the channel is even available in HD or not, I'd put you on ignore...

I saw this morning that I am now receiving Starz (East)(HD), Starz Edge (HD), and Starz In Black. I have AT 250 and DISH Movie Pack and I don't think these are in free preview. Does anyone know if these three were added to the DISH Movie Pack? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)