Dish Network 5G Internet?

I just got an invite to be a possible beta tester?
If you got a legitimate invite instead of a scam, then it might be a good idea not to disclose the fact publicly. If you got invited through the forum then contacting Scott or one of the staff members for confirmation would also be smart, that way you know if it is legitimate (Scott has openly mentioned being in the beta for a long time, I believe he is allowed despite the NDA’s) and if it’s not legitimate then they can take action against the fraudster.

Edit: Just realized this discussion was about the Dish 5G project, though you were talking about the regular Dish beta. If that was the case then you can disregard the first part of what I said because they probably have different rules over there. Still worth mentioning being careful when you are asked for your personal info over the Internet.

I am not in the Genesis Beta. But I do know they are looking for testers in the Las Vegas area.
The questionnaire did ask how often I was in the Las Vegas area. It then asked what my address was. There has been several new Reddit sites that are mentioning where members are getting invites. None of these are in the Las Vegas area.

I want to know how Charlie will meet the 20% coverage of the nation with his cell phone service required by the agreement and by June of this year and then 70% by June of 2023? Especially if he only has Las Vegas with actual service. Will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't meet the time line .

I want to know how Charlie will meet the 20% coverage of the nation with his cell phone service required by the agreement and by June of this year and then 70% by June of 2023? Especially if he only has Las Vegas with actual service. Will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't meet the time line .
Let's see, a tower each in California, Texas, Florida... that should be close to a rollout in states that represent 20% of the US. This works like electoral votes, right? :D

Reactions: MikeD-C05
70% population or area?

I have heard that up to 100 locations are ready to go.

I also heard Verizon is providing 10 gig fiber to the locations and they are ready to go.
That is good to know. I am on the 100 list.

Where I live at there is only AT&T & Cox fiber available. When the work started to install the Dish antennas on the tower by me there was work on the poles that had Cox on them. I think the AT&T fiber was underground. A lot of people locally complain about Cox being out - will this occur with the Dish system if Cox is the provider.

I assume at some point plans and equipment prices will come out.