Dish Network DVR

svengoli123

Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Dish Network DVR Question...

I recently received Dish Networks DVR. (Not sure what model but the one that costs $4.95 a month...I assume the basic) It seems that when i choose to record a program, I can not change the channel from the recording program. Is there a way around this or am i stuck watching the program i would like to record? Also, Can you record 2 programs at the same time? Any help would be appreciated..

THANKS!

The 501, 508, and 510 only have a single tuner, so you can't record one channel while watching another (though you can play back a recording while recording another channel).

The 7xx and 522 are dual-tuners, and you can watch one station while recording another or even record two stations.

It depends. Are you a new customer or an old one who upgraded to the 510 through the "Dish it Up" program?

If you are new, you probably can't upgrade anything for a while (possibly a year). If you are old, you will be able to get the 522 starting around Feb. 1 (according to today's chat).

I have been with Dish Netowrk for quite some time now. If i had know that i cant record a program and watch another, i proably would not have ordered the DVR.

Regarding old customers getting the 522 on Feb1, would you happen to know what the fees will be for that machine? Same $4.95 p/month?

svengoli123 said:
Regarding old customers getting the 522 on Feb1, would you happen to know what the fees will be for that machine? Same $4.95 p/month?

There is the same $4.95 DVR fee that the 510 has. There is an additional $5 fee if you don't hook up the 522 to a phone line.

If you happen to have two or more TV's, you could replace both the 510 and another receiver with the 522 (since it can control two TVs at once). That would save you $5 for the extra receiver fee).

snowcat said:
If you happen to have two or more TV's, you could replace both the 510 and another receiver with the 522 (since it can control two TVs at once). That would save you $5 for the extra receiver fee).
In this mode can you still record one channel and watch a differant channel at the same time?

Joe P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts