DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Enhancements was already enabled. Goggles for good measure though... Then went through "Dish Home" and IT IS EXACTLY LIKE THE OLD VERSION! I'm sorry, but Dish needs to get rid of this antiquated "weather" app.

Went back to ch 213 (SD) and got "Select" popup. Nothing new here... :( Thought I read that it works on HD channel but I'm not getting popup.

Enhancements was already enabled. Goggles for good measure though... Then went through "Dish Home" and IT IS EXACTLY LIKE THE OLD VERSION! I'm sorry, but Dish needs to get rid of this antiquated "weather" app.

Went back to ch 213 (SD) and got "Select" popup. Nothing new here... :( Thought I read that it works on HD channel but I'm not getting popup.

You guys that are having trouble with the interactive 'select' button: It only appears on the SD channel, if you are watching the HD version the interactive icon never appears on the screen. (This was posted earlier in this thread by me and several others).

1st time

You guys that are having trouble with the interactive 'select' button: It only appears on the SD channel, if you are watching the HD version the interactive icon never appears on the screen. (This was posted earlier in this thread by me and several others).

I just used it that way it was my 1st. But then I NEVER (well almost never 99%) do anything w/ SD. That's why I'm an absolute customer.

Was just on the weather cast and they had a major F -up. The on screen talent (Paul Douglas) mic was muted for over a minute. Then they told him and he thru an on air hyssie fit. It was ROFL almost time. He did everything cussing on air "damn it to Hell":yikes:yikes. ..

Knowing how savy the talent is with business, I wouldn't be shocked if that was a setup attempt for a viral video and a little free attention. That was a owner of the channel.

Notice that David Neal is on. Didn't even know he left Birmingham's CBS 42. Before that he was head weatherman at FOX 6 in Birmingham.

I'm getting 213 SD, but no HD...I've tried reset twice since last night. Any ideas? :confused:

Really SD only it works? What if it does not? It does not work on SD either.

Give Weather Cast a few days to get the bugs worked out. Expect to see lots of taped stuff today while they deal with some problems. Dish has given them the okay to tape stuff today:rant:

Even though I havent seen the channel since I dont have Dish, Weather Nation (WeatherCast) has been around for a couple years. We have it on our local NBC in Minneapolis (KARE11) which is where Paul Douglas started (and ended up on WCCO the CBS affiliate here)

Some is tape delayed. We have local cutins but it really isnt that bad of a station.

Wide screen version

Here's a TV screen capture that I did of it. You get to see him leave the set thru the door & walk back on cussing. Then leave the other side of the set. I have it protected in HD on my 722k[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaZ0dgW9sk]YouTube - weather cast widescreen on air f-up 001.AVI[/ame]

Last edited:
Not only are the weather studio forecasts being badly repeated tonight, but their version of "weather on the 8's" are repeats as well! I'm looking at the radar on this thing and it's from hours ago!?!

It's bad enough that they are repeating the studio forecasts (NOT BEING LIVE) but the radars and warnings they play (with the music) shouldn't be that hard to keep "live"!?! :rolleyes:

Dang they've been on less than a day. Give em a little time to work it out. As new as it is I'm surprised that they have anything together. In old C-band days Sci-Fi was broadcasting a psychedelic test pattern for month over sat.

I know they're new and I'm giving them a chance. I just hope they go to a 24/7 "live" channel in the future. If they do this, I think it will be a really good weather channel! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)