Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

I understand where you are at, and what you are saying. But I also know that dish may be trying to turn a new leaf and try this whole communicating with their customers thing :) I hope it works/

I totally agree with you there. At this point I can't change providers; I'm stuck, and I do really like my 622 and the service I've received from DN.

It's just that we've heard this all before. Undoubtedly a few national HD channels will trickle out over the coming months but I just get the feeling that, despite what Charlie may say, he's not overly interested in this aspect of Dish's offerings.

We'll Memphis is not on the list anymore :) Oh well, I get all my locals fine OTA. It just would be nice to be able to record/watch two locals at the same time. Can't do that with OTA.

I am glad to learn Memphis was at least on a list. I get my locals OTA also but am subject to frequent signal loss under certain weather related conditions. I will be glad when Dish adds HD locals. Wonder if Memphis being on a list once is an indication we will get HD locals in the near future?

What happened to Hartford - New Haven?? The other day they were listed on the slide show from the dealer chat that they were going to start in April... now they are missing. Any ideas Scott?

Howard

Scott what about the cities that are not listed. Is Dish still planning on having 100 HD locals by the end of 2008? New Orleans was listed to go up back in 2006 (just like Cleveland was, I feel your pain Cleveland), and still nothing. I know New Orlenas is not a real big DMA, maybe 1,000,000 in the metro area (post Katrina), but come on it is still a lot bigger than the DMA of some of the cities they are going to light up in Marach, and April. Please tell me you think New Orleans will get it's HD locals sometime by the end of the summer. Direct has had New Orleans HD locals for a while now. I would have thought that would have motivate Dish to do the same, how about you guys in Cleveland, does Direct have your HD locals?

Yeah we will see what happens to Cleveland but right now I think it's to early to say.

From the looks of this, HD LIL plans go full steam ahead. National HD plans are up in the air, either from lack of bandwidth or contracts are not signed. If they had signed carriage agreements, they would have announced and not put "may" in the statement. Not buying for one second the need for proper press release, pure BS. D* announced a lot of channels before even the content provider announced the HD channel themselves, the proper PR is bunk.

So now, not only do we have to hear "SOON" from DISH.. we will have to get use to hearing "MAY".

I guess it's good to at least HEAR Something!

We "May" release some HD channel "SOON"!

I sure hope this is really a true effort from DISH and it's not just a trying to save their butts sort of effort.

Here's to hoping for a great next couple of weeks.

Nice to hear the well wishes from ScoBuck for DISH. I feel the same way.. though I will stay with DISH, I do wish Direct the best too with their HD efforts. You can truly see now what competition does for both services. I don't want either of them to slow down.

"SOON" we "MAY" be waiting for the networks to catch up with releasing HD versions of their stations. :rolleyes: (Obviously I am laughing as I type that!

Wow. Charlie is not holding back on annoucements. Scott. Maybe all of the e-mails you have sent to ole Chuck woke him up.

This is what we have wanted all along. COMMUNICATION.

What happened to Hartford - New Haven?? The other day they were listed on the slide show from the dealer chat that they were going to start in April... now they are missing. Any ideas Scott?

Howard

Seconded, I can't get everything OTA and was really happy when I saw Hartford/New Haven listed on the chats last week.

I didn't see the Greenville/New Bern, NC locals on this list, for those that don't know I have contacted our local channels and have been informed that they are suppose to be working by end of March beginning of April. But they had a contract with Dish and DirecTV isn't there "yet" from what I was told.

I used to live near New Bern (Bayboro, worked in River Bend). Population was about 25,000 with a bit over 100,000 in Craven County as a whole.

If Dish is getting HD LiLs to New Bern already, they must really have already covered most of the country! ;)

I used to live near New Bern (Bayboro, worked in River Bend). Population was about 25,000 with a bit over 100,000 in Craven County as a whole.

If Dish is getting HD LiLs to New Bern already, they must really have already covered most of the country! ;)

My thoughts exactly!!! However they were on the latest uplink activity report, so I called local NBC and they confirmed they are coming later this month early next month, they said they weren't sure if they were going to be on the AMC-14 that just went up or not, but were confident it would be working. . . i am keeping my fingers crossed....plus I am in Jacksonville, NC so Jacksonville, New Bern, Greenville, Swansboro, and a list of other cities get there locals from the New Bern stations so there are alot of people.

I followed tinydoughboy's lead, and e-mailed all the Hartford/New Haven locals about their HD channels being on Dish. So far I've only heard back from WTNH (ABC), but the program manager said that it will be available in HD on Dish in May...they're just not sure of the exact date. So there may still be hope for those of us in the Hartford/New Haven DMA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts