Dish Now Smartcards

Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Any idea how new smartcards for Dish Now Pre-Pay receivers will be handled?

I am pretty sure that the people with a Dish NOW!/YA! setup/system/receiver DP301, are immune to this change.

It does not effect them at all.

I am not 100% certain on this, but I am pretty sure since it is a prepaid system.

Even Dish Network will agree that Prepaid is now the reason they can not fully migrate to all MPEG-4 receivers. To prevent hacks, they neede to change out receivers, and they can not justify financially exchanging receivers for people without "location and credit". So you can continue to disagree, but you would be narrow minded. The hack will come from the prostitution of pre-paid cards.

I have been wondering about these prepaid receivers and how they are going to influencing the hacks. Dish Network might end up requiring those that purchased those receivers to buy a new MPEG-4 receiver to continue receiving programming. Perhaps they can include a prepaid card with the new MPEG-4 receiver to offset the cost of the receiver.

Even Dish Network will agree that Prepaid is now the reason they can not fully migrate to all MPEG-4 receivers. To prevent hacks, they neede to change out receivers, and they can not justify financially exchanging receivers for people without "location and credit". So you can continue to disagree, but you would be narrow minded. The hack will come from the prostitution of pre-paid cards.

I don't mind the opinion, but no one here is "narrow minded".

Now please, post some "proof" of what it is you are saying about the cards with regards to prepaid customers.

I have neither seen, read, nor heard anything with regards to people with these refurbished DP301's and what they need to do, if anything, with the smartcard in it.

If you do, please post it here.

I have been wondering about these prepaid receivers and how they are going to influencing the hacks. Dish Network might end up requiring those that purchased those receivers to buy a new MPEG-4 receiver to continue receiving programming. Perhaps they can include a prepaid card with the new MPEG-4 receiver to offset the cost of the receiver.

Now that sounds like something they would do, unless they go through a retailer, like Radio Shack, and post a report/news telling people to go through them in order to get a new smartcard through them.

But the idea of buying a new/refurbished Mpeg-4 receiver is probably the way they would go. With or without the prepaid card thrown in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts