Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

Scott. Could you get one of your buddy's at Dish to send you more information on this so EVERYONE is not confused.

Classic Bronze 100 w/locals $39.99....DVR +$5 Classic Silver 200 w/locals $52.99...DVR + $5 Classic Gold 250 w/locals $62.99...DVR + $5 AEP w/locals $102.99 No DVR fee {Still includes HBO, CM,ST & Starz}. ADD ON HD $10 {includes Platinum}. For 1 year receive $15/mo credit. Premium movie pkgs carried foward, as is, for current customers till acct changes are requested. Questions concerning how Platinum will be sold to current accts that have Platinum is not finalized. Will up-date as soon as available. Hope this is of help.

So can someone help me with this. I currently have :

PROGRAMMING

Current Programming:
TurboHD Silver
Local Channels: Boston, MA DMA Package
Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation International or Ala Carte Add-ons: NESN, Comcast Sports New England, DISH Home Protection Plan, DISH DVR Service
Paying 57.94 a month.
Are they doing away with Turbo or are we "Grandfathered" in? if not what package should i go to that would be comparable to the TurboHD Silver that i already have?

Up-date: If current customer has Platinum HD and does not contact Dish to make any changes to the account, the system will automatically credit acct in approx 2 months. If current customer cancels Platinum prior to 8/09, can call after 8/09 and add Platinum back to the acct included in Add On HD @ $10 total. This may result in a $5 one time down grade fee. Do the math. Calling looks better than waiting.

But will customers without platinum be getting the channels added without doing anything?

I'm a TurboHD-Bronze subscriber, without PlatinumHD. Assuming the PlatinumHD package will no longer exist after 8/1, if I add it prior to 8/1 and then call Dish after 8/1 to ask them to eliminate the $10 charge, would I be able to still get the 'Platinum' channels or would Dish remove those channels from my service?? They do not seem to have addressed TurboHD subscribers at all in this notice.

I'm a TurboHD-Bronze subscriber, without PlatinumHD. Assuming the PlatinumHD package will no longer exist after 8/1, if I add it prior to 8/1 and then call Dish after 8/1 to ask them to eliminate the $10 charge, would I be able to still get the 'Platinum' channels or would Dish remove those channels from my service?? They do not seem to have addressed TurboHD subscribers at all in this notice.

The answers to Platinum inclusions were directed to customers who have Add On HD and not Turbo HD. Will inquire about Turbo.

No problem....my person in the know invites Retailer questions but sometimes is slow. It's time to go home, but I'll check for updated answers before closing.

As the platinum pack holds hardly anything entertaining to me, I will wait and see if it gets added on to my account for no charge. Seems to be the best way to avoid any charges at all.

If it is not, no loss.

As of this time, no answers concerning Platinum with Turbo HD. Exec offices will be open till 7pm our time. If a reply is sent tonight, I'll reply on this Thread on Saturday. The Offices are closed on Saturday. The answers will receive a reply, but it might be Monday. later...Jerry

So as a grandfathered ABSOLUTE HD customer, what (if any) is my best option?

I want to add Starz to my programming too. Should I wait until after 8/1 or do it before?

I do know that if I make certain changes, I lose my ABSOLUTE and can never get it back, so I want to be ABSOLUTELY certain before calling Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts