Dish remote acting up

GOMD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
cleveland
My dish remote for my hopper with sling is becoming unresponsive from time to time. When I press a remote command the remote flashes a few mode buttons and the dvr does not respond to whatever the command is. It does this over and over for a few seconds. Eventually if I wait long enough the hopper will accept the button press and return to normal operation. I cannot figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions? Or has anyone else encountered this?

Battery level was fine, still confused. It does not do it all the time either. Its random

Do you have any obstructions between remote and recorder, like a table or even a glass (IR) or metallic shelf (RF)? Or just a bad angle?
-Ken

I know when batteries are first put into the 40. Series remotes, fhere is an internal bootup the remote does before it works, hence the alternating mode flashing. Sou.ds like your batteries might be not sitting like they should. Try changing the batteries first, otherwise sounds like you might need a new remote IMO.

Make sure the remote antenna on the back of the hopper is firmly attached and standing up.

I have this happen from time to time

Will press a command on the remote and the modes at the top of the remotw will flash...usually haooens 3-4 times before normal operation can be resumed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)