Dish remote with Magnavox TV/DVD combo

I have an old Magnavox TV/VCR combo and it seemed like I pushed that button about 600 times before it locked in, but I did get it to work.

I also spent an evening trying to find a code that would allow me to use the Dish remote to run the VCR...no luck.

Very few "Universal" remotes support combos. Remotecentral.com might help. It might tell you that your unit si like another. Worth a shot at least.

i had the same problem scanned till i started getting blister.. had my daughter do it since its her tv and well she gave up after her finger started cramping up..lol i just tell her well when i was your age i had to get up and change the channels and had to get up to turn tv off.. she thinks i was kidding but my grandmother has one of those old tvs and i took her over there so she could see what i had to do and she said "how could you live like that getting up every 2 mins?" i guess she knows now why i was so skinny when i was a kid..lol

i had the same problem scanned till i started getting blister.. had my daughter do it since its her tv and well she gave up after her finger started cramping up..lol i just tell her well when i was your age i had to get up and change the channels and had to get up to turn tv off.. she thinks i was kidding but my grandmother has one of those old tvs and i took her over there so she could see what i had to do and she said "how could you live like that getting up every 2 mins?" i guess she knows now why i was so skinny when i was a kid..lol

Gave me quite a chuckle with this. You must not have had the heart to tell her they didn't have that many channels to change too.

Geoff

Anyone had any luck getting a dish remote to run one of these?

Any time you want to do a manual code search for combo units, instead of pressing "up arrow" press the down arrow instead. You'll start at the other end of the codes, and I usually find a combo unit code within the first 20-30 clicks or so.

Save yourself a thumb injury:p, carpal tunnel syndrome:eek:, or a callused thumb:D

Gave me quite a chuckle with this. You must not have had the heart to tell her they didn't have that many channels to change too.

Geoff

you should of saw her face... i freaked her out already about the getting up part... i could not bring my self to telling her about how many channels we had... but i can always sit with her and watch tom and jerry, pink panther and scooby doo. thats the best...