Dish response to me being disappointed that they chose to take Fuse off the air

Mark A Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
East Tennessee
There was a thread about Dish taking Fuse off the air and adding Palladia(well, I already had it but they must have added it to another package?)

The thread had a link to the Fuse website where you could send a request to keep Fuse on Dish Network.

Here is the Dish response I received in an email yesterday: :rant:

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Dear DISH Network Customer,

Effective June 30, 2010 DISH Network launched Palladia, showcasing the best in music from the world’s most popular artists. DISH Network customers who subscribe to America’s Top 200 and above now receive this upgraded programming in place of Fuse.

[SIZE=+0]Palladia offers the best music-related content from MTV, VH1 and CMT. Embracing the full spectrum of music offerings from MTV Networks' Music Group, Palladia features concert series, events, and original Palladia productions including: VH1 Storytellers, CMT Crossroads, MTV2's $2 Bill, MTV Video Music Awards, VH1 Hip Hop Honors and CMT Music Awards. Original programming includes a weekly music video countdown show, artist interviews, and backstage extras.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]DISH Network has decided to replace Fuse with Palladia to offer our customers even better music-related content. We are excited to provide Palladia to most of our customers now and feel this change will provide a better choice for this type of programming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network eCare

Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Your message: [/SIZE]

Dear Dish Network:
I am disappointed that you have chosen to take Fuse off the air. As a Dish customer who is interested in the best in music programming on television I want to voice my extreme displeasure. With so much competition from other providers for my business, I would expect my opinion should matter to you. Please put Fuse back on my channel line-up.
[SIZE=+0]Thank you,
Mark Sparks [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
I hate it that they are calling it an upgrade by taking off Fuse and putting Palladia in it's place. :rant:They have the same concerts on that channel that they aired when it launched as MHD.:rant:Come on Dish, MSG offered to extend the current agreement while they continued to negotiate, But stupid Charlie had to pull it off.:(

You obviously expected something more than you got, or else you wouldn't post it here and call it BS.
Not true at all. I feel the same way as the original poster. I expected no response and wouldn't have complained about it, but I find it insulting to receive a response that attempts to spin how I just gained a channel that I already had.

IF all cable/ sat providers would pull the channels instead of caving in to the outrageous carriage fee demands , we would all have lower monthly bills. We would also have less channels to watch , but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

IF all cable/ sat providers would pull the channels instead of caving in to the outrageous carriage fee demands , we would all have lower monthly bills. We would also have less channels to watch , but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Could help to weed out the crappy channels...

Ghpr13:)

There was a thread about Dish taking Fuse off the air and adding Palladia(well, I already had it but they must have added it to another package?)

The thread had a link to the Fuse website where you could send a request to keep Fuse on Dish Network.

Here is the Dish response I received in an email yesterday: :rant:

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Dear DISH Network Customer,

Effective June 30, 2010 DISH Network launched Palladia, showcasing the best in music from the world’s most popular artists. DISH Network customers who subscribe to America’s Top 200 and above now receive this upgraded programming in place of Fuse.

[SIZE=+0]Palladia offers the best music-related content from MTV, VH1 and CMT. Embracing the full spectrum of music offerings from MTV Networks' Music Group, Palladia features concert series, events, and original Palladia productions including: VH1 Storytellers, CMT Crossroads, MTV2's $2 Bill, MTV Video Music Awards, VH1 Hip Hop Honors and CMT Music Awards. Original programming includes a weekly music video countdown show, artist interviews, and backstage extras.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]DISH Network has decided to replace Fuse with Palladia to offer our customers even better music-related content. We are excited to provide Palladia to most of our customers now and feel this change will provide a better choice for this type of programming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network eCare

Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]Your message: [/SIZE]

Dear Dish Network:
I am disappointed that you have chosen to take Fuse off the air. As a Dish customer who is interested in the best in music programming on television I want to voice my extreme displeasure. With so much competition from other providers for my business, I would expect my opinion should matter to you. Please put Fuse back on my channel line-up.
[SIZE=+0]Thank you,
Mark Sparks [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Multi-billion dollar companies don't renegotiate contracts because one customer whines. Multi-billion dollar companies don't renegotiate contracts because one thousand customers whine.

Your dollar can be replaced and will be if necessary. Keep your service or upgrade, pay your bill on time and leave them alone. Business in 2010.

Fuse is a chump channel and so is AMC. I really don't get those who are whining about the loss of such lame channels. R.I.P to Fuse, I say. Now, IFC, I do like, and they do air some "original" or British sitcoms (The IT Crowd being one) that are not seen on any other channel in the U.S.

IFC rocks they brought back my "whitest kids you know" man the have some funny stuff on there.

I do miss the old music station that was on before OVATN took over. I think it was IMF. Fuse I miss but im sure it will fade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)