Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
*** RUMOR ALERT ***

I am hearing a strong rumor that DISH will be carrying MLB Extra Innings this year and will launch the channels on 4/1.

DISH has carried MLB Extra Innings in the past but it was dropped.

If it is coming back this year it will be interesting to see if they carry baseball games from teams they do not carry such as YES Network.

AGAIN THIS IS JUST A RUMOR.

If this is true, are games subject to blackout like center ice? Dish has confirmed they will not have Atlanta Braves premium games yet again this year (mainly weekend games, Fox Sport South ongoing dispute). Just wondering if the game is locally blacked out if they will still air it over MLB EI?

I can't get excited about this anymore. MLB.tv is just so damn good that Extra Innings would be a huge step back.

Unless you're in an area like me with $hi$@y internet service. :) I'd rather have the capability for MLB.TV because then I could do some serious gaming as well but the joys of rural living.

Since the availability is for 4/1 I'll add maybe they will allow a single team subscription for half the price. :)

If Dish does get it, I wonder if it will include the MLB.TV service for free. I believe that Directv has MLB.TV as part of the Extra Innings purchase.

Let me know when the Torpling championships are broadcast- I'll pay extra for THAT!

It's aging out. An old science fiction story. Guy gets asked to join his co-workers to go Torpling, just like "Come to the gym with us."

"You've been Torpling before, right?"

"Sure, of course!" (Never heard of it.)

They get to the place and the scoring is to not hit the rings that you've just dove headfirst into, pretty much straight down. Everyone is casual like they've done it a million times before. Our protagonist does it, hits a top ring which nearly knocked him unconscious and he falls to the bottom, missing all the other rings. He got a high score and cudos from the others.

Anyone else remember this one, or maybe the author?