Dish Store

dtgoodtonid

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Lexington KY
So, this morning after I paid my bill I decided to look around the Dish website. I ended up in the Dish Store. Even though it's probably been like it is since the site went down, and I have been there several times, this morning I found it a little sad that there is nothing there anymore.

I used to enjoy looking at the different products available and even though I didn't order that often I enjoyed browsing. I guess that makes me part of the reason why it's now basically empty.

Just wanted to share.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and LQQK
As a child, I spent hundreds of hours perusing the Sear's catalog. I never felt guilty about not buying anything. I guess I'm part of the reason they went bankrupt. :)
I have several original Sears catalogs including a 1940 and a 1969 but the most fun is I found a beautiful reprint of the 1945 Sears Christmas catalog. It's available on Amazon for $13.76. They also now have a reprint of the 1942 Christmas catalog for $12.59. I'm 83 so between those and my American Flyer catalogs of the same time period it brings back a lot of memories. Lotta fun! :D

Amazon.com

They should start selling some of those thousands of refurbished hoppers they have..I'd be curious to know just how many hopper 3's are sitting in warehouses that have been refurbished and how many that are stored that haven't been..No sense rebuilding many more to just sit and never be used..Think about all of the customer loss the last few years and how many hoppers were sent back

Reactions: charlesrshell
They should start selling some of those thousands of refurbished hoppers they have..I'd be curious to know just how many hopper 3's are sitting in warehouses that have been refurbished and how many that are stored that haven't been..No sense rebuilding many more to just sit and never be used..Think about all of the customer loss the last few years and how many hoppers were sent back
And why would you buy one when it will cost you the same, monthly, to use it as leasing.

And why would you buy one when it will cost you the same, monthly, to use it as leasing.
I definitely wouldn't buy one..He needs to unload them somehow and make as many $$ as he can now..The DVR fees everyone has paid has more than paid for the receiver cost to him thats for sure ..and now he sticks everyone $25 just to return the equipment..Usually company's charge you for not returning equipment..he's the only one that charges both ways..lol

Why would they sell them? We literally install thousands and replace thousands in the field every week across the nation. I go through like 5-6 weekly at the moment and then times that by a few thousand techs nationwide.

Still- no reason to BUY a H3. Same monthly cost. No value without an active Dish account.

Why do you think this proposition has any value for the customer or the company?

Umm..If Charlie can sell one of these receivers for $225 that's a profit for the company...Solid Signal selling then for that price why shouldn't Charlie?There's a buyer for everything out there..you'd be surprised..
I really don't know what they would even sell in a store besides remotes if no receivers..why have a store?

Solid Signal selling then for that price why shouldn't Charlie?
Every time Solid Signal sells one, that's one that Charlie just sold. That's where Solid Signal gets them.

On the one hand you say customers are flocking away from DISH. On the other, you're suggesting there's a big market for Hoppers. Those two thoughts contradict each other.

I think DISH could probably sell a few hundred Hopper 3's a year, but that's insignificant in the scheme of things.

There has to be hundreds of thousands of hoppers in warehouses..I know your a installer but let's face the facts...They are loosing millions of subscribers and Charlie needs cash..The number of new installs now is no where near what they receive returns
They also need subscribers. If they sell them all there's no guarantee that the end buyer of a receiver will become a subscriber and if they do that it will be long term. Then they can cancel with no penalty and dish doesn't get the receiver back to refurbish.
And any receivers that are available for purchase at some point had to be purchased from dish. So technically they do sell them. For contractors, all equipment has to be bought from dish. They don't just give it to us to install. It has to be paid for in advance. And any rv place or anyone selling on ebay had to at some point buy from dish as an authorized seller. It really makes zero sense to just start selling to the general public. While you may make a quick sum of money they will still have to replenish inventory by refurbishing more returns and again all those receivers wouldn't have a commitment to pay $100-200 per month for two years. So it would actually hurt in the long run.

They also need subscribers. If they sell them all there's no guarantee that the end buyer of a receiver will become a subscriber and if they do that it will be long term. Then they can cancel with no penalty and dish doesn't get the receiver back to refurbish.
IF you were NOT looking to become a Sub, or already a Sub ....
Theres is NO REASON to Buy the recvr.

Why would You buy it outright IF you were not going to Sub it ?