Dish Technical Support Called? Is This For Real?

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
Got a call last night. At first, the lady spoke so quickly and lowly, it came out as garbled garbage. (That in itself made me think it was some kind of scammer calling.) By the second repeat, I got Luanna and Dish Technical Support. I simply said that my Dish works fine. She said, "That's all we need to know" and hung up. I got the sense she was wanting to get off the phone as fast as she could. Is this for real?

Doesn't sound legit to me. I wouldn't have even told them my Dish was working fine. What number was on the CID?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Might be real but not knowing what was said on the phone we have no way to know.

I got a call a few weeks ago that my signal on 61.5 was low and they wanted to send a tech out. I took my SuperBuddy outside and fixed it myself. :)

Might be real but not knowing what was said on the phone we have no way to know.

I got a call a few weeks ago that my signal on 61.5 was low and they wanted to send a tech out. I took my SuperBuddy outside and fixed it myself. :)

Yep, seems this is becoming common on internet connected receivers. I got a call a couple months ago from them because I was frequently losing signal for two days. I told them we had experienced some bad storms and it was simply heavy rain and not an issue. Also explained that I was an installer and could certainly take care of it myself it need be. Regardless I thought it was nice to see them being proactive in checking on me.

Pm a dirt member to be certain.Hopefully you still have the number in the phones memory.They'll know right away if it was a legit call.

How low should it be for them to send a tech out. Mine are in the 30's and that's the most you can touch with the eastern arc in Los Angeles. Hope They don't send a tech out to my Dma'd location. :)

They probably base it more on the amount of times the signal was lost rather than the actual signal numbers

They probably base it more on the amount of times the signal was lost rather than the actual signal numbers

Yes. STB health doesn't directly report signal strength, it shows a green or red block for each sat, each day the receiver calls in. If a person who is internet connected shows a lot of red for several days, they may get a call to ask if everything is working ok.

I would expect and hope the outbound agent will give you details, and yes...if someone is suspicious, let them know you'll call in to the main number. Any legit outbound calling agent can and will put notes on the account.

I got the same call yesterday, I have heard of them doing that before so I wasn't totally suprised. It has been rainy this week and I have had some signal fades, that is probably why they did it, though the signal issues haven't been that bad. I told them everything was OK. I am capable of adjusting it myself, if I need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)