DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

None of us really knows if there will bea settlement----much less whether it will mean the return of AMC or VOOM or HD versions of other channels.

Well, I think there is pretty high odds that if there is a settlement, the AMC Networks will be back to the state they were before, at least. No settlement, who knows what happens.

The rest is a crapshoot, but I think Dish might use increased HD and licensing access as a negotiating ploy while Voom argues for higher damages.

While that is true, it sure is nice to dream. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

No prolem with that. My post was justa comment on us asking one another what the settlement will entail? we are all just dreaming/speculating/guessing.

I see it as well (click to expand).

View attachment 81924

I also still see a rather obtrusive popup ad against Dish on the AMC, IFC, We, and Sundance websites:
View attachment 81925

I wonder if it goes by ISP. If you have cable internet, maybe they figure you have cable tv.

I say talks are ongoing. The clerk jumped the gun. But briefing has to be on the talks. What else is there to hold a briefing about?

My bet, $1.4B in cash, 5 year AMC deal (a pricey one to extort more money from DirecTV, Comcast, and TWC) which includes AMC, IFC, and maybe Sundance in HD, licence to put AMC content on Dish Online/Blockbuster, and licence for any remaining Voom content.

When I click it, I do see the Not on Dish statement, also, "I see dead people." .........................................

Did you guys ever sign up to look at one of their Dish streams? Or go to one of those pages? I bet they dropped a cookie on your browser to show the Anti-Dish messages.

How did you even come up with such conclusion is beyond me.

Simple. You are of the opinion that Dish had the right to breach the contract. If Dish has done nothing wrong and has all the evidence needed to sway a jury to their side, they won't settle. ;)

PTVC said:
Simple. You are of the opinion that Dish had the right to breach the contract. If Dish has done nothing wrong and has all the evidence needed to sway a jury to their side, they won't settle. ;)

Now I know why you had reached that conclusion, because you have no clue what I was talking about, and also no clue how a civil trial works most times.

BTW, another analyst reported an on-going settlement talk, and put the possible amount between $200M to $1B.

You're mistaken and PTVC is correct. I'm the Official Voom Trial Reporter and that's how I see it... :p

Now I know why you had reached that conclusion, because you have no clue what I was talking about, and also no clue how a civil trial works most times.

BTW, another analyst reported an on-going settlement talk, and put the possible amount between $200M to $1B.

How do you see it, $200M to $1B as well?

Perhaps as low as 800-900M, but here is what I posted in the AMC thread, "The guy who write that article is pulling figures out of him bum. Voom said they lost 500M due to Dish illegally terminating the agreement, plus interest, plus 13-years of profits (lost business opportunity) on the contract, etc. I would imaging 1B would be the starting point, but who knows."

Regardless, I hope both parties negotiate a settlement over the weekend.

How do you see it, $200M to $1B as well?

I'll apply my expertise here .. we have approximately a 90% chance of seeing a settlement on Monday with a standard deviation of +/- 95%, with an equally as likely chance (maybe even slightly better) of having the entire AMC suite added back into the lineup by weeks end, with or without a settlement. The final figures of the settlement, once reached (again, 95% chance, give or take, of happening on Monday), will be somewhere between $1.1M and $2.5B, give or take $1.1B, with a strong and equally weak possibility of including or not including a reinstatement of the Voom network in it's entirety by Thanksgiving.

I rest my case.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I say we will never know. Terms of any settlement won't be made public, yet each side will say that they won.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And that's fine with me. Just put the channels back on and pray our bill doesn't go up too much.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

riffjim4069 said:
I thinking the same thing, but the terms of the Tivo settlement were made public...which I thought to be odd.

Why? All TiVo deals were made public, $0 from Microsoft, $200M from ATT, $500M from Dish with all legal costs included, $500M from Verizon.

Verizon actually had the worst deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)