Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well I went ahead and ordered WrestleMania, I was going to go to Hooters and watch it, but the weather here is crappy and rainy so I am staying home.

Anyways I am watching the pre game on the HD feed and whenever they do a back stage interview or show video of a wrestler talking the audio is delayed about half a second after you see the lips move on the screen.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am watching on the Hopper on channel 468 from the 72 degree orbital location.

Watching a few minutes of the freebies, lilian Garcia no audio issues it appears watching via Hopper

Last edited:
Watching on 722k Recording and the audio is off, in fact its annoying, and I cant correct it.......chan# 468

If this keeps up gonna turn it off and ask for a refund!

My wife just got home from work and they where doing a back stage thing and she noticed the lip sync was off without me saying anything.

Good thing for most of the show you done see people talking.

Had same problem here. Had it on the 468 HD channel on our 612 receiver. Was so bad in the one match the ref did the 3 count,stood up and signaled for the bell before I heard the hand hit the mat for #3. One would think for $65 it would be of better quality than an old martial arts movie. On a sorta good note, when I noticed the voice sync problem I grabbed the remote and quickly punched in the SD channel to record. It is playing behind me now and seems to be ok, but just not in HD. Oh and my connection is through a HDMI cable directly to the HDTV.

Bringing this thread back to life as it is Wrestlemania Weekend! 2013!

I have solved the problem of the audio off on HDMI by simply using Component and L/R analog audio to the TV.

I had the same problem with The TNA Lockdown PPV and was furious. I have also run an optical to my AV receiver to get the Dolby digital.

If you are having lip sync issues on stations like TBS HD and A&E HD this will solve the problem as well, until Dish fixes the HDMI issue, and it is Their issue this will work.

Hope this helps someone.

I did on last years Wrestlemania. It got so bad that the sound had the match over while they didn't even get to the pin on video. This is the reason I did not order it this year, first time in over 10 years.

audio issues or not, pro wrestling is still unwatchable as far as i am concerned......

Thanks for the constructive response, to each his own.

Anyway obviously the problem is still there, got around it tonight by running an analog audio cable from another receiver, set that one on the SD channel and the audio is now correct.

If it helps thats what I had to do to make it watchable, can anyone chime in on what can be done to correct this, or what the problem is?

I,m watching on Ch 455 Sat 72

Bringing this thread back to life as it is Wrestlemania Weekend! 2013!

I have solved the problem of the audio off on HDMI by simply using Component and L/R analog audio to the TV.

I had the same problem with The TNA Lockdown PPV and was furious. I have also run an optical to my AV receiver to get the Dolby digital.

If you are having lip sync issues on stations like TBS HD and A&E HD this will solve the problem as well, until Dish fixes the HDMI issue, and it is Their issue this will work.

Hope this helps someone.

Ahh, this is good to know. So its the HDMI( which I use) that's causing the problem. And yes I for one have audio sync problems on other channels as well. I usually try to go off that channel and go back, it works sometimes. Other times I just switch to the SD version if available. If SD not available I just don't watch it.

Question then, can I run both HDMI and component at the same time or will that cause other problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts