Dishnetwork Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I have aquired a Dishnetwork Plus dish. It measures 30 x 23 inches. It is elliptical.
Ive seen some posts about Phase 3 dishes, but not much about this one. I dont know how to figure the area. I would think this is a bit too small for FTA.
Anyone tried? What do you all think?

Attachments

• Dish.JPG
    Dish.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 153
I was wondering the same thing, I have a couple of dish 1000 and I was thinking about rigging a fta lnb to the arm and see whats happens, those dishes are very well built, would be nice to use it for something.

numerous prior posts:

There are quite a few threads discussing the DishNetwork SuperDish, and larger DirecTV dishes.
The point is generally how to mount proper LNBs to dishes that don't have proper LNBs already on them (Superdish is already equipped).
Shouldn't be hard to test and experiment with.
If you have original LNBs, then measuring where they are and putting your LNBs at the same height and depth, will optimize the dish.

I post a list of threads once or twice a month, for people with the same question. ;)

its not. The Superdish is 32x18 whereas the DishPlus is what you posted

DishPlus has the 118.7/119 LNB on it for Dish Internationals

I tried the superdish today with a 10750lnb I was able to pick Amc-5&6 and Hispasat, the signal came very strong at 90+ but the quality was in the low 30's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)