DishNetwork Reps on phone claim Mail-In can be exchanged for ANY game at local store!

chazy777

Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
1998 ciptho
2 different Dishnetwork reps told me and assured me that a mail-in rental can be exchanged for ANY game or movie and not just 99 cent games only. My local BlockBuster store is telling me however they have an official letter from DishNetwork corporate stating that they are only allowed to provide 99 cent game rentals for exchange of the mail-in bar codes so the reps telling me this are WRONG. (The manager at the BlockBuster store told me they VERY recently received this letter less than a month ago claiming customers are only allowed to exchange a mail-in rental for any movie or 99 cent game. Before this letter they received from DishNetwork, nobody was allowed to swap out for ANY game not even 99 cent games.)

DishNetwork needs to get their act together and communicate clearly to BlockBuster and ALL DishNetwork customer service reps how this program all works because obviously it's a complete mess! The 2nd customer service rep I spoke with claimed to be instant messaging "higher authority" personnel while I was on phone with her and they were also confirming that she is correct and can be exchanged for ANY game. This "higher authority personnel" supposedly will start working on fixing this I guess? BUt I don't trust it.. There is too much confusion going on with this as to my experience and the inconsistency across all their marketing material and web pages need to be fixed. There are various web pages throughout DishNetwork's website that are unclear and state different things in regards to exchanging for instore rentals. Some areas (such as the FAQ area) actually mention that you can only exchange for a $0.99 game rental if wanting a game, but other areas are not specific and state you can exchange for any game or movie.

I know this is a whole new program and DishNetwork bought out BlockBuster as of recently, but I don't think this should be an excuse for this confusion to start right from the get go. Everyone agrees the 99 cent rentals at the local blockbuster stores are a joke! Everyone is only interested in the new game rentals! I hope everyone responds to this thread in help with promoting that the program should work the way the reps are being told how it works and corporate should re-issue a NEW letter out to all blockbuster stores that remove this 99 cent limitation if they are training the employees this way. Lastly update all web pages to correctly communicate how it's suppose to work and make sure it's consistent throughout! I hope the right people at DishNetwork see this thread and act on it. I was told by the last representative I should post a thread on this forum and hopefully the right people will act on it.

Last edited:
Ok.. can you also ensure web pages are updated (along with any other marketing material) to make sure it's clear about this? I wish I didn't waste so much time having to talk with 2 different reps (along with them speaking to upper-level staff confirming the same thing). I was also making it very clear to both reps that the only reason I would keep the movie pass was for the sole reason I can exchange for newest games released at my local blockbuster store (since they are next to impossible to get as a mail-in. It's like you won the lottery if having a game just released and everybody wants as a mail-in)

So I will be cancelling this $10/month movie pass charge. Not worth it. I've done 2 months of free trials directly with the blockbuster website (not dishnetwork) using 2 different addresses and it was the worst experience ever getting games I would actually want to play and on top of that my local blockbuster store would not allow any game to be exchanged.

Again.. 99-cent games are pointless and I would hope everybody would agree and continue to fight dish network to change this.

I have two blockbuster stores on my way to work they both allow you to return a movie for any movie including new releases and Blu ray. Both these stores are Company owned. One of these stores told me Franchised stores are reluctant to give out their "money" DVD's because it costs them lost rentals. He also said the stores have the final say to which DVD's could be exchanged.

I was told by one store I could return a movie from store "A" to store "B" so I tried this. The problem with returning a movie to another store is that it the movie is sent back to the other store. One of the stores will enter the return right away but the other store sents it back to the original store and the return is not processed until the original store gets it back and verifies the movie is not damaged. This extra time is about 3 days.

I have the 3 DVD at a time plan. I had the Dish Platinum plan so this only costs an additional $10. I get 3 to 5 mailed DVD's a week with 3 to 5 in store exchanges. I like old movies so I get them in the mail and pick up new releases at the store. Only twice was a DVD out of stock at the store. I was able to get the out of stock DVD the next time I when to the store.

Out of my own bad experience I have to agree with the fact that obviously Blockbuster and Dish do not seem to know what each other does. The first time I went to exchange a online rental at the store, the store insisted that there is no such thing and that I have to pay for a store rental. When I mentioned BBM, they looked at me like they seen a ghost. So I went home and called Dish and they said that I have u limitex in store exchanges and to go back and tell them that. I was also told that unlimited means that I can keep going back and exchange the exchanged store rentals as well, basically meaning I don't need to get one mailed again. Turnsout this was a lie told by Dish. When you go and check at the BB web site and it says UNLIMITED STORE exchanges, you need to state WTH that means. Because this is misleading. And then one time I took the mailer to the store, and it looked like they checked it in and it never showed returned. Online it kept saying that I still had this show at for almost a week. That also meant I would not get mailed another show. I called Dish and they said to call BB. BB said to call Dish. What an utter mess!
It eventually got cleared somehow, I don't know how, because I just gave up.
Now I'm actually scared to exchange a show in the store anymore.
This was just like in a chicken pen.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)