DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 2/20/2008 12:40pm - 62 changes

What I dont understand is, why were receivers enabled to see that 77 exists? From what I read this is a dying sat, so why bother... perhaps an existing sat is going to be redelpoyed at 77?

Perhaps a BINGO.
E3 and/or E6 may be looking for a new home soon. E3, although in somewhat rough shape, still has many TP's working and could easily complement E4 at 77W. E6 should be freed up after E11 is launched and in place at 110W. Just speculating, of course.

I hope this new format is MUCH easier for the Uplink people as it is MUCH harder for the reader.

PS I think that this "pub" blackmail is giong to start to create a backlash...

i didn't realize the format was different. is it? it looks the same as it always has to me. I may not understand every entry but i can glean enough information out of it to know what's going. if you just read it a minute you should be able to figure out where it's delimited yourself. I can see where it would be difficult for Digiblur to put this in a "tabled" format since theres different information for each type of change.

Maybe you're just not used to seeing the extra sports moves.

How so? I would think the comment would be more productive too if it were outside of an uplink thread for those of us who would like to discuss the latest changes.

Also, I dont see how what happened was blackmailing. These guys pay out of pocket for a lot of expenses. Not too much to ask for support and reward those who do.

I just became a supporter a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't agree more with both of your comments.

On my 622 point dish. It shows all 32 transponders on 77. Last week it showed only 1.

I don't consider it black mail and the original comment was made towards me. I have beeninvolved in other pay boards where there were perks to pay, same as here, so I understand and have no heartburn about it.

Anyway, this thread is getting hijacked, I figure the discussion should be about the changes.

On my 622 point dish. It shows all 32 transponders on 77. Last week it showed only 1.

From what we've seen, it is clear that the point dish screen no longer needs to be manually programmed with satellites and transponders. They now take the information already available in the system tables and dynamically add/delete satellites/transponders from the point dish screen.

It used to be they would send new firmware out that included new satellites etc. Sort of an "after the fact" approach.

They are starting to rollout new software for the 622 which supports "future satellites" tonight (only about 100,000 people will get it in the inital rollout)

Yeah and one Sat will be going up next month looks like so let's hope for success..

Allright!! Looks like the wait for more HD is just around the corner! This forum is cool and now I don't have to go looking for the uplink changes. Thanks Scott!

Ok so if a new sat goes to 77 will the entire US be able to view it?
No. It is mostly for Mexico, although word is Dish is trying to get approval to use it for the souther USA. A guestimate of its coverage is available at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/e4at77.jpg

As you can see, it would be any of the southern states that boarder mexico or the guelph of mexico (including all of flordia) which would probably get some use out of it... also western cuba...

iceberg said:
no. 77W is going to be for a Mexican service that Dish is going to carry

Is there any word on progress made by E* in getting approval in the USA to use it in the lower 48?