DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

West Palm Beach: "I got NBC HD!"

Boston: "I got NESN HD!"

The rest of us: "I got a rock."

I have the same question Talan, is the eastern Arc going to happen in May and everything is done, or will it just be started in May and take another year or two before we get the full effect?

Should I be worried about getting a dish pointed at 61.5 right now? I use to have it, until they moved the internationals to 118. Right now, I have 118, 119, 121 & 129 on a single dish. I don't mind having an additional dish but they took the second Dish down when they came to install 118.

I'm in Dallas, and I know they just uplinked the HD locals for Dallas on the SpotBeam of 61.5, however they are not yet available. But when they become available, does that mean they will no longer be available on the current ConUS satellite they are using?

I guess what I am asking is, when they light up the Dallas HD locals on 61.5 via Spotbeams, will I still be able to get the Dallas HD locals as I am currently? Or will they only be on the 61.5 Spotbeam?

I don't see anything else on 61.5 that would require me to see it as of yet.

Also, the new National HD Channels that are anticipated... are they going on 61.5 or a different sat?

Is Dish going to hook me up? or will I have to pay $60 bucks like they were asking TalonDancer to do?

The Eastern Arc will just be getting started in May. One of the satellites is not even being launched until next year. :)
Thanks Scott for the timing info.

Looks like $60 and another set of holes in my roof unless they can reuse the WildBlue dish mounting bracket :(

BTW the 24 month commitment (or $60) to get a wing dish for HD locals (that were on Dish's published as available soon list 18 months ago) strikes me as a sign of just how worried Dish is about defectors.

Talon Dancer

Thanks Scott, that is what I thought, but I hope by May the eastern Arc has enough exciting impact that we will be happy with Dish, and therefore we will patiently wait for the rest of it to unfold over the next year or so..

Would not say that due to I think they will have it to where folks should just need one Dish to get all the programing they need.

Also, the new National HD Channels that are anticipated... are they going on 61.5 or a different sat?

Is Dish going to hook me up? or will I have to pay $60 bucks like they were asking TalonDancer to do?
Seems like just yesterday the Dish fan boys were posting reassuring messages about how 'Dish will provide you with the equipment you need to get your subscribed channels for FREE'. I wonder what these great oracles of Dish policy are posting today?

And while I'm on the subject of oracles of Dish policy and strategy....
Is their mantra that the reason SciFi-HD and other national HD channels have not be made available is due to technical or contractual difficulties based on the same foundation of factual quick sand as the 'free equipment for subscribed channels' malarkey?

As they say over on the financial websites.... "Past performance may not be a good indicator of future results".

Talon Dancer

Seems like just yesterday the Dish fan boys were posting reassuring messages about how 'Dish will provide you with the equipment you need to get your subscribed channels for FREE'. I wonder what these great oracles of Dish policy are posting today?

Is their mantra that the reason SciFi-HD and other national HD channels have not be made available is due to technical or contractual difficulties based on the same foundation of factual quick sand as the 'free equipment for subscribed channels' malarkey?

As they say over on the financial websites.... "Past performance may not be a good indicator of future results".

Talon Dancer
You might want to take that up with THE SITE OWNER (Scott) because those were HIS rumours

Talon Dancer

As far as the nationals are concerned, Dish will get 2 more transponder for hopefully 14 national hd when Sky Angel goes dark next Monday. The next 3 or 4 weeks should be the time to look for more national. Right now the only 2 they can turn on unless they throw out hd ppv or put New York hd locals on a spot are USA hd and Sci. Fi hd. Just sit tight.

As far as the nationals are concerned, Dish will get 2 more transponder for hopefully 14 national hd when Sky Angel goes dark next Monday. The next 3 or 4 weeks should be the time to look for more national. Right now the only 2 they can turn on unless they throw out hd ppv or put New York hd locals on a spot are USA hd and Sci. Fi hd. Just sit tight.

I *really* hope you're right.

You might want to take that up with THE SITE OWNER (Scott) because those were HIS rumours
In my experience Scott doesn't make firm statements about Dish policies etc. that he does not have good info on. Sometimes his sources are incorrect but he usually gives a good indication of whether the info is 'firm' vs 'questionable'.

OTH several members are not so careful with qualifying their info., frequently posting what they 'believe' to be true as 'fact' without qualification. And furthermore, challenging others that don't believe as they do. My post was referring to the later.

Talon Dancer

IIRC those Sky Angel TPs are on a sat at 61.5. I wonder whether Dish will ask those of us without a dish pointed at 61.5 for $60 or a 2 yr commitment to get any new National HDs on these transponders? :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Looks like $60

If you think about it though $60 is not that bad.

The dish itself is going to run you about that and then add the fact that someone is going to come out and aim it and install it for you too. So add their labor costs on that.

It is not a bad deal ...

If you think about it though $60 is not that bad.

It is not a bad deal ...

Depends on how many times you have been put in that situation!

I don't see it as a good deal if you have to pay extra money to get channels that others are getting for the same price that you pay.

Not to mention the fact that they just took down my 61.5 sat less than two months ago because they moved the internationals to a different satellite. Now they are moving my locals to 61.5 and want me to pay for it??

Yeah, not a bad deal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)