DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

Looks like they stuck red bars down the side of their SD broadcast for most things, but the crawl looks really good!

I for one give them Kudo's for the Red Bars.. It means they don't stretch the SD broadcast.. If you want to see good HD, Just wait for Election Center or One of the Debates.. I am a Fox News guy, and I gave up watching election coverage on Fox because of the beautiful picture on CNN-HD

No, you'll be checking her out in SD with CNN sidebars. LOL!

You know? You'd think a new gathering channel could do something more productive with the sidebar space. Stock Quotes, Sports scores... something other than a static logo.

I for one give them Kudo's for the Red Bars.. It means they don't stretch the SD broadcast.. If you want to see good HD, Just wait for Election Center or One of the Debates.. I am a Fox News guy, and I gave up watching election coverage on Fox because of the beautiful picture on CNN-HD

Thank You:hatsoff: Another election news junkie here.

Too many election statistics, not enough screen resolution to read them without squinting.

Til now

There is a debate in a few hours, so if you are right, we will see.

UPDATE: I scanned six different articles on the web about the debate, and none had the time ! Finally, the seventh article had it - 8pm ET.

I just thought of something. I am just speculating here, but if Dish dislikes this site, maybe it is because the Owners of SCIFI and USA can view these forums and use all of this bitching as a negotiating ploy against Dish.

Let me explain. The Owners of SCIFI and USA Network could view this message board and go back to Dish and say, "Hey you have some die hard HD viewers wo REALLY WANT SCIFI AND USA.....so we are going to charge you $XX per subscriber since there is such a big interest." So, maybe we should change our attitude about SCIFI HD and USA Network HD and say, we don't really want these channels but if they went live on Dish we MIGHT watch them, and the Charlie would be happy with rate and our bills won't increase.

I know, I know a big Pipe dream.

So start talking negative about SciFi and USA :)

Hey do we have any idea what might have been on 9483 - TEMP that got removed?

I would guess CNN HD, since another post on this forum said that CNN HD was coming to 9483. I also noticed how the Sats and TP were the same.

9436(200) - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (Available)
9436(200) - CNN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar5 129W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)

Channel Removals:
9483 - TEMP (NA) removed from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam
9483 - TEMP (NA) removed from EchoStar5 129W TP 11 ConUS beam

There is a debate in a few hours, so if you are right, we will see.

UPDATE: I scanned six different articles on the web about the debate, and none had the time ! Finally, the seventh article had it - 8pm ET.

Well, CNN just shows Election Center at 8pm.. Doesn't specifically list the debate. So I don't know whether it is being done by CNN or another News organization. I just know that every debate I have seen that was on CNN-HD had an almost "WoW' factor to me.. Of course up to this point I have been watching on DirecTV so I don't know what it will look like on Dish yet.. I know I will be switching between the two to see how they stack up against each other.

I just thought of something. I am just speculating here, but if Dish dislikes this site, maybe it is because the Owners of SCIFI and USA can view these forums and use all of this bitching as a negotiating ploy against Dish.

Let me explain. The Owners of SCIFI and USA Network could view this message board and go back to Dish and say, "Hey you have some die hard HD viewers wo REALLY WANT SCIFI AND USA.....so we are going to charge you $XX per subscriber since there is such a big interest." So, maybe we should change our attitude about SCIFI HD and USA Network HD and say, we don't really want these channels but if they went live on Dish we MIGHT watch them, and the Charlie would be happy with rate and our bills won't increase.

I know, I know a big Pipe dream.

So start talking negative about SciFi and USA :)

Funny you should mention that since I've thought the same thing a time or two:D

Yeah, I wouldnt watch them if Jessica Alba was naked in my bed . . . . . . . . well maybe then i would watch them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts