Dishonline active on 622

Thanks Scott, still looks like I won't get until they are ready to send it...

If it was downloaded after putting both tuners in standby and/or trying your fancy PIP trick the receiver would reboot itself right?

Voyager - mine is connected via Ethernet.

Keep in mind the 722 is the only receiver that will have HD VOD when it's rolled out. The chip in the 622 doesn't support it.

Why would there be a difference between playing an HD program recorded from satellite vs. an HD program downloaded through the ethernet port?

The HD that is planned for DishONLINE will only be viewable on the 722. The reason for this is the 722 uses a new chipset which supports the new HD codec dish will be using to send HD content over the internet.

For those of you who have got DishONLINE please post some screenshots. :D

The HD that is planned for DishONLINE will only be viewable on the 722. The reason for this is the 722 uses a new chipset which supports the new HD codec dish will be using to send HD content over the internet.

For those of you who have got DishONLINE please post some screenshots. :D

Scott, you would have think dish would have smartly planed the VOD phase to include hd on the 622, I know one thing that would be 3 upgrades in the past 3 years just to keep up with echostars plans. Some of those upgrades were not free either.

It looked like the latest software spool(L4.46) was going out to all so I would think it would be widespread by now.

So Dish released a receiver that can do HD and VOD but not both together. That was rather stupid of them. They should have just left the ethernet port off of the 622 then.

So Dish released a receiver that can do HD and VOD but not both together. That was rather stupid of them. They should have just left the ethernet port off of the 622 then.
Well, moreso, the chipset in the 622 didn't have full support for the codec they plan to use (or was it buggy?). It has nothing to do with being able to do HD and VOD together per-se. The Internet downloads need better compression than the usual mpeg2 or mpeg4 that E* uses for satellite HD.
Either way, I almost never do VOD myself, so I could care less. I'm happy the ethernet port is there just for the call home. To me, anything else they decide to do with it is gravy.
Since I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, can anyone tell me if remote scheduling is active?

Any chance Dish eventually offers anything like HBO on-demand through a technology like this for those that subscribe to premium services like HBO? A friend of mine has comcast cable and he gets to watch lots of HBO episodes on demand and works well when you forget to record something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts