Dish's en banc request APPROVED!

Yup and guess who will soon be offering Distant Network's again.

That case was really worth it huh?

When dish applied to get their distant networks licence again, not one network objected.
Why would the networks object? The law allowed for Dish Network to have the injunction dropped and allow them back into the distant business again, so it wouldn't matter if the networks had any objections, as Dish Network was going to get their license.

The difference is this time, Dish Network is going to have to qualify anyone that wants a distant network, and one of the first qualifications is that if local-into-local is available, a waiver is required from the stations in that market. Any bets on how many waivers will be granted?

Yep. It's all about the money. But that's how business should be run. They have an obligation to maximize return for their investors, within the law.

I'll agree with the part about a never ending story, too. My bet is this is referred back to the lower court for a new trial on the new software, and we start over.

You need to ask yourself though when did the networks really gain from the lawsuit?

Charlie came in with his ace in the hole, All American Direct so it really had no effect on him.

Back to Tivo...

Did DISH infringe on Tivos patent? I would say yes since I judge ruled that.

Did DISH come up with a work around that did not infringe on Tivos patent? I would say yes to that as well.

That is what this is now about.

Should have been brought up before the injunction. Now is too late for the named DVRs. DISH still has a shot for their other DVRs.

Its not too late, that what this is about.

Its also clear that they want to try saying the new DVR's infringe then they will need an entirely new trial.

Motorola sings TiVo the 'sue me, sue you' blues | Digital Media - CNET News

Motorola Sues TiVo, Claiming DVR Patent Infringement

Motorola claims TiVo violated its DVR patents...

In the complaint, Motorola says it owns multiple patents related to DVRs, including some from the mid-1990s by a group of engineers whose company was later purchased by a Motorola subsidiary. It claimed TiVo willfully infringed those patents, which were filed more than two years before TiVo's founding.

TiVo never should have gone after the phone companies, now they have MS and Moto after them...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts