Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

This one is simple. I returned to Dish three months ago after being away for six years. If they don't get this thing done by mid-week, I will shut off the account, return to Spectrum, and let them pay the $400+ early termination fee. For some stupid reason, I thought that Dish had gotten past this kind of garbage. Apparently not.

That is, if I can contact them. Phone wait times are noted to be in excess of 54 minutes and then the magic voice says they cannot take your call at this time.

Between AT&T's incompetence and Dish's idiotic stubborness, the two of them will destroy the satellite TV business.

Screw this. Spectrum isn't the most wonderful company on Earth, but at least it does business like a group of adults, NOT a screaming child at a lemonade stand.
I feel your grief! May I pick your brain on two things? What was your reasons to switch to Dish and is Dish cheaper? If you do decide to switch back, I have some recommendations. Call first thing in the morning. Ask the automated system you want to disconnect. If you get to a live operator, check if they are in loyalty and in America. Then explain sports is extremely important to you and that was your main reason for switching to Dish. Best of luck!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Certainly, you may pick what's left of my brain after all this nonsense today. I went to Dish instead of Spectrum because Spectrum has the worst DVR I've ever seen, and Dish has the best. I thought about DirecTV, but it was $45 a month more for the same programming. The Hopper 3 remains the gold standard for DVRs. But if it has nothing to show, it's just a paperweight. And Dish was a bit lower than Spectrum($20 or so), but that's not why I moved.

Last edited:
Certainly, you may pick what's left of my brain after all this nonsense today. I went to Dish instead of Spectrum because Spectrum has the worst DVR I've ever seen, it's about two years behind Dish's first effort. I thought about DirecTV, but it was $45 a month more for the same programming. The Hopper 3 remains the gold standard for DVRs. But if it has nothing to show, it's just a paperweight.
I agree the Hopper 3 is absolutely amazing far superior to any other! Disney has way too much power. We can see by the number of channels effected! I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Certainly, you may pick what's left of my brain after all this nonsense today. I went to Dish instead of Spectrum because Spectrum has the worst DVR I've ever seen, it's about two years behind Dish's first effort. I thought about DirecTV, but it was $45 a month more for the same programming. The Hopper 3 remains the gold standard for DVRs. But if it has nothing to show, it's just a paperweight.

The vast majority of my Hopper use doesn't include ESPN or any Disney channels. We all have different habits but for me, especially when it comes to ESPN, I rarely record any of that content.

This one is simple. I returned to Dish three months ago after being away for six years. If they don't get this thing done by mid-week, I will shut off the account, return to Spectrum, and let them pay the $400+ early termination fee. For some stupid reason, I thought that Dish had gotten past this kind of garbage. Apparently not.

That is, if I can contact them. Phone wait times are noted to be in excess of 54 minutes and then the magic voice says they cannot take your call at this time.

Between AT&T's incompetence and Dish's idiotic stubborness, the two of them will destroy the satellite TV business.

Screw this. Spectrum isn't the most wonderful company on Earth, but at least it does business like a group of adults, NOT a screaming child at a lemonade stand.

How are you going to get out of the ETF? They wouldn’t let me out of mine. I have a year left. So it’s $240. I had my account out on pause. It this last longer than a few weeks, I guess I’m going to bite the bullet and pay the ETF.

How are you going to get out of the ETF? They wouldn’t let me out of mine. I have a year left. So it’s $240. I had my account out on pause. It this last longer than a few weeks, I guess I’m going to bite the bullet and pay the ETF.
It's not a matter of getting out. If you move from Dish to Spectrum, Spectrum will pay it off. This promo applies to conventional cable TV only, not the Spectrum streaming service.

One thing I think we all need to keep in mind. There are a lot of us here who say "oh, I don't need ESPN", or that they don't care about this Disney channel or that Disney channel, and that's all fine. But if you look at the entire package of 20 one thing is apparent...you cannot run a cable TV service or satellite service without this programming. What we've got here is a big part of what sells cable TV in this country and Dish must have it. This is new territory for Dish. Losing HBO or some regional channel is one thing. This package is another thing entirely.

I've decided that since I want these channels, that my own personal deadline (right now) is Wednesday. That gives me enough time to get Spectrum back in the house in time for the weekend. Now I will be watching those 20 channels this next weekend. The only question is who will be providing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS0816
That's a good point. Probably not, since I wouldn't have DVR service and that's why I came to Dish. But do we know that all 20 channels are in that bundle?

That's a good point. Probably not, since I wouldn't have DVR service and that's why I came to Dish. But do we know that all 20 channels are in that bundle?
I am comparing them

• ESPN.
  • ESPN2.
  • ESPNU.
  • ESPN News.
  • ESPN Deportes.
  • Disney Channel.
  • Disney Jr.
  • Disney XD.
  • Freeform.
  • Baby TV.
  • FX.
  • FXX.
  • FXM.
  • National Geographic.
  • Nat Geo Wild.
  • Nat Geo Mundo.
  • ACC Network.
  • SEC Network.
  • Longhorn Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)