diy screens

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Borrowing the title from a ginormous Avs subforum (kinda)... I have been following a thread over there for a bit and finally it snapped to try, and found something like the gray material... my Blacks have really improved, will have to tweak my settings some but... i stretched this over a a Melamine type sheet and am using clothes pins to keep taut while I play with... (have been running the gamut of HD choices since putting up ;)BD, DirecTv, Dish and HD DVD)

Lets see some photo's. This sound like a very interesting idea. I would also be interested in trying as i really don't like the look of the pull down screen in my theater room.

3 quick shots... and yes I need to level the screen ;)

Attachments

• Grey Screen.JPG
    Grey Screen.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Grey Screen lights.JPG
    Grey Screen lights.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Grey Screen Dark.JPG
    Grey Screen Dark.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 228
What is the difference between the second two with Vick in the photo? One looks pretty good and the other seems pretty washed out.

Did you put anything behind it? I was reading that some did a gray on white or a white on black screen.

Its a Nylon /Spandex mix I didn't look real close at the exact mix and the light might shine through if it was just on a frame...

I wonder how a cotton / spandex mix would work? The nylon is a shinny finish with the cotton more of a matte finish.

Shots... not the best camera, nor source (1 from Dish and 1 from Directv) and the BT is not completely light controlled... BT has a Mitsubishi HD1000u and HT has a Mitsubishi HC1500.

Attachments

• BT.JPG
    BT.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 191
  • BT G.JPG
    BT G.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 158
  • HT 1.JPG
    HT 1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 169
  • HT G.JPG
    HT G.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 174

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts