DLNA How too help

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I have read several posts about DLNA support with the Hopper and would like to try it out but I am a little clueless what I need to do. I need a basic how to manual.

It is my understanding that DLNA will allow me to play movies stored on my computer through the Hopper on my TV. I need to run some software on my PC (tversity?) or Windows 7 some how has built in native support. I have used DVDFab to make copies of DVDs and when I did I stored the video files on the PC. So, I think I have all the pieces I am just clueless how to put them together. Any advice?

I don't like the Win7 media server setup. I use a free media server which is Samsung AllShare. It is very easy to set up and works great with Win 7 and the Hopper/Joeys. If fact, when you install the software it will set up and share all library folders which have media files in them automatically. I can view or play all media files on my pc to H/J with no problem (music, video, pictures).
You can also set permissions as to which devices can access your PC.
I am not sure if it will play VOB files but will do mpeg2, mpeg4, avi, swf, wmf, etc.
You can use DVDFab to rip your DVDs or VOB files to mpeg4 if necessary.
You can download it here.

Support - Bluray Players BD-ES6000 | Samsung Blu-ray & DVD Players

click on manuals & downloads then click on software.

Last edited:

NAME NOT ACQUIRED ON EVEN TRANSPONDERS

Anyone else's hoppers not seeing each other tonight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)