DMX741U

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi guys, i am still a newbie,but i know a whole lot more than i did when i first started a few weeks ago.My problem is i ordered a DMX741U scaler ring kit with c/ku band lnb,i have read on differant post how to install scaler ring and munipulate it to hopefully receive a signal.I am going to test it on a 40 inch off set dish.There is a plate that came with the unit,i think it is call a die electric plate,if i am correct,do i need this plate and if so how do you install it,also what are the settings for this unit..c side and ku side? you guys have been the greatest since i first started in this hobby and hopefully i will be able to give advice in the near future.....there is also a square piece of material that i have no idea what it is for...i am counting on you guys:rolleyes:

Hi, We are also newbie's of 10 months now and have a DMX741U.

I have read that you only need the plate for circular reception and that there are only a couple of birds now on the East coast using circular reception.

If this is your situation, here's a link for that installation

I am not knowledgable enough to really talk about offset dishes.

But if this helps, we have a 10ft SAMI Mesh dish now. When installing the DMX, we were told to point the "0" mark at the 12 o'clock position when aligning our dish at our nearest most southern satellite. This advice we got was perfect and have had no problems getting a great signal. Don't forget about your Focal Distance marking on the LNBF

Hope the info helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)