sremick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Vermont, USA
I have a ViP722K.

So after my move (done by the Dish Mover service), I've noticed a few things:

1) I no longer have a satellite 77
2) 61.5 shows a problem on the "System Info One" screen (menu-6-1-3), but not on the point dish screen (menu-6-1-1)

for #1: do I care? What's on 77?

For #2: if I wait long enough on Point Dish, I get a signal strength of 50 for 61.5 (and 54 for 72). I can tune to channels on 61.5 just fine. On the System Info One screen, 72 has a green box under it bu 61.5 has a red box with an X in it and in box "a" it says "Error! Select "Details"". On the Details screen there's a lot of info so I'm not sure what part it's referring to. I'm happy to type in any relevant bits you're interested in though.

Unless your locals are on 77 you don't need it, and newer installs on the Eastern ARC no longer normally include it. (Unless needed of course) You should have a two LNB dish instead of a three. Are both tuners seeing 61.5?

I only have 1 TV. What's the best way for me to test this?
Menu-6-1-1, select Check switch, then select Test. It is a page that says "Installation Summary" and it will re-test and see what satellites you see on tuners 1 and 2. Before you select Test, let us know what you see on that screen first. If the check switch test finds something different when you do run it, it may come back with an 836 error, saying it has found fewer satellites than originally detected. If that page shows 77 in each grid, and running the test tells us you have less, it is likely removing 77 from the grid. Honestly, though, if you did the mover, and were connected to an antenna that doesn't have 77, the tech should have run this test to save the grid with just 61.5 and 72 for each side.