Do I need a rotator? Gal 19 & SES 1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nov-01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
SC
Currently I'm pretty happy with the 97.0 stuff we're getting.
this is my gear/install thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3472464/
But now I'm curious...can I also receive SES 1 (101.0) by adding an offset LNB without a rotator?
If not, I can buy the STAB mover I have read about here.
Just trying to get my ducks aligned!
PS: The Amiko Mini HD SE has been flawless so far.
I'm also in the need for a 1/2 price receiver for the kids to use on the 2nd TV...any good Low Cost options out there (Edit-New or Used)?
Continued Thanks

Currently I'm pretty happy with the 97.0 stuff we're getting.
this is my gear/install thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3472464/
But now I'm curious...can I also receive SES 1 (101.0) by adding an offset LNB without a rotator?
If not, I can buy the STAB mover I have read about here.
Just trying to get my ducks aligned!
PS: The Amiko Mini HD SE has been flawless so far.
I'm also in the need for a 1/2 price receiver for the kids to use on the 2nd TV...any good Low Cost options out there (Edit-New or Used)?
Continued Thanks
Hi Nov-01. It looks like you have a ku system. With ku you won't get much other than DOD News on 101W. Other channels like GLC, GEB, TCT, Daystar, H&I, MeTV, Movies!, etc are on c-band. You would need a c-band dish to get those (possibly a mini-bud (1.2m) would work otherwise 6' or bigger). If sticking with the ku dish the STAB rotor would be a good idea as it will let you get the maximum channels available with your ku setup. Agree, the Amiko Mini HD SE is a nice receiver. If possible, I would go with a second one of those for the kids. There are a few 'cheapies' on ebay (mostly from china) to be had in the <$50 range. Here is one I had bookmarked: Gotta wonder about the quality but it does fit the price range. Good Luck!:)

Last edited:
Bummer, but thanks for the reply....so what 'else' is there to see on ku?

I would recommend the STAB motor, as it really opens the entire visible arc to you from the comfort of your house. As for the available programming on other Ku birds, check out "The List" available on this forum. It will give you a better idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)