Do I need an RF Modulator?

Again, thanks for all the help. I actually called Magnavox Customer Service and they basically told me the samething. I need to get the RF Modulator because I cant record but I can play back. Thanks for all your help.

No. An RF MODULATOR will not help. Forget about the darned modulator. You have that part working.

To record, you need a Digital TV tuner for Over the Air, or a cable box if you have cable service.

Do NOT buy the RF Modulator, as much as you seem to be determined to do that.

No. An RF MODULATOR will not help. Forget about the darned modulator. You have that part working.

To record, you need a Digital TV tuner for Over the Air, or a cable box if you have cable service.

Do NOT buy the RF Modulator, as much as you seem to be determined to do that.

I have cable service and a cable box so would I have to purchase a Digital TV tuner?

If you have a cable box, simply hook the red, white and yellow outputs of the cable box to the red, yellow and white INPUT connections of the VCR as I described earlier. (this is shown in the manual on page 9 (I think)

Does the cable box have the red/yellow and white connections? If not, I take back what I said before. You will need the RF modulator in that case.

Wait, I connected the red,white and yellow cables from the VCR to my tv. Im thinking I should connect the cables from the VCR to the cable digital box that I have? Is that correct?

wait, im confused. What goes where? Right now I have the cables going from the tv to the vcr. I should put the cables in the digital cable box? I dont think I have enough cables.

There should be 2 sets of red/white/yellow connections on the back of the VCR. One should be input, you hook up the cable box there, one should be output and you hook up the TV there.

The VCR has 2 sets of red/white/yellow jacks. One is labelled output, and you have correctly connected those to the TV. There is another set labelled input and those should be connected to the cable box.

Target and WalMart sell the red/white/yellow cables. Naturally, I have a few dozen spares here in Wisconsin, but that doesn't help much.

I only have one set of cables that came in the box with the VCR/DVD player. Is that possible? I mean I'll look and see if I can find another set but why they give you just one set?

The target link was correct, the bestbuy link just gave me every av cable they had.

Walmart should have them cheap.

I'll admit when it comes to this I'm not very good at it. I have no idea when it comes to you electronics, computers etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)