does a VCR work on Tuner 2?

nycyanks07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
I have been trying to install a VCR to the 2nd TV on one of those 625 dual turners and it doesn't work. I have a VCR hooked up to Tuner 1 and it works fine but I just can't get it to work on 2. I'd appreciate some help on this.

Works for me using composite signals. What seems to be the problem with yours? Do you record the screen saver, the wrong channel, a black screen, noise, video w/no audio, audio w/no video, or is there no tape motion at all? Maybe you are trying to get fancy with the IR blaster on the 625 to control your VCR. You see, there are many ways to goof this up.

Probably still have the vcr tuned to channel 3 rather than your tv-2 output channel. You could put it by the reciever and use the tv-2 composite outputs for a better pic if your just using it to save stuff to tape.

Assuming the VCR is in a different room than the sat receiver, run the coax to the VCR and then to the remote TV.

Set the VCR on whatever channel you picked as your TV 2 modulated output. (default is 'Air' 60)

Set the TV either to channel 3, or, better yet, use the composite outputs from your VCR if available.

Since there is no IR blaster to turn the VCR on, you need to set TWO timers if you wish to do unattended recording.

On the 625, pick your show to record and hit 'Create Timer".

THEN set your VCR to come on and record at the same time, but when it gets to 'Channel To Record', tell it Ch. 60 (or whatever channel you selected from your modulator setup on the 625)

Assuming the VCR is in a different room than the sat receiver, run the coax to the VCR and then to the remote TV.

Set the VCR on whatever channel you picked as your TV 2 modulated output. (default is 'Air' 60)

Set the TV either to channel 3, or, better yet, use the composite outputs from your VCR if available.

Since there is no IR blaster to turn the VCR on, you need to set TWO timers if you wish to do unattended recording.

On the 625, pick your show to record and hit 'Create Timer".

THEN set your VCR to come on and record at the same time, but when it gets to 'Channel To Record', tell it Ch. 60 (or whatever channel you selected from your modulator setup on the 625)
++ I concur.
This is exactly how mine is set up.
Works fine, lasts a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)