Does E. Still use Legacy Lnbf for new install?

tarheel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Southeastern NC
Please help. I just had a new install done. Installer used a dual Legacy lnbf on a new install and he put in a 322 & 311 rec. He can't get them to work, he says the 322 has a bad switch in the back of the receiver, does this sound right? Also the cable he used is the skinniest RG6 I have ever seen, the cable doesn't have any writting on it so how can I tell if it is RG6? Thanks

I do not know how he would get it to work unless he also installed a legacy switch. W/legacy equipment your 322 would need 2 seperate lines from the dish & your 311 would need 1, 3 feeds total.

If your installer did not run 2 lines to your 322 it will not work right. If he used a dp seperator, it also will not work due to the fact that a dp seperator can only be used w/a DPP twin or a DPP44 switch.

He should have used a DPP twin, 1 line to each receiver, w/ a DP seperator at the 322 spliting the 1 sat feed into 2.

BTW the 322 does not have a switch in it, so I can tell you that is not the problem.

Re: Legacy Lnbf on new install.

Please help. I just had a new install done. Installer used a dual Legacy lnbf on a new install and he put in a 322 & 311 rec. He can't get them to work, he says the 322 has a bad switch in the back of the receiver, does this sound right? Also the cable he used is the skinniest RG6 I have ever seen, the cable doesn't have any writting on it so how can I tell if it is RG6? Thanks

I made a mistake. Installer used Legacy twin lnbf not dual. Sorry:confused:

322 needs atleast dishpro but in this instance needs dishpro plus, there is no switch in the 322's. The coax you describe is probably rg-59, I would call dish and tell them what has been said here and that you want the system reinstalled or have it taken out.

Re:Legacy lnb

322 needs atleast dishpro but in this instance needs dishpro plus, there is no switch in the 322's. The coax you describe is probably rg-59, I would call dish and tell them what has been said here and that you want the system reinstalled or have it taken out.

Thanks for the help. At least now I know what to tell the installer. Thanks, tarheel:up

Caller ID dvr625

Off Air almost everynight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)