Does the Guide download more days when you have an EHD?

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I thought I remember reading that your guide will download more days of programming when you have an External Hard Drive attached. I've had the hard drive for 2 days now, but the guide still goes the same 8 days. Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere or does this feature not exist?

No, it is 2 programs before any guide download. If the right satellite is not included or there is no disk, you get 2 days. With the right satellite, you get 8 days as you seem to be getting.
-Ken

Simple answer, NO. EHD has nothing to do with the guide.

Wrong.

If you have no hard drive... you get 2 days.

If you have DVR(inside or EHD) you get 9 days... if you have signal the particular transponder.

I thought I remember reading that your guide will download more days of programming when you have an External Hard Drive attached. I've had the hard drive for 2 days now, but the guide still goes the same 8 days. Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere or does this feature not exist?
You might have read that in a thread about the mythical 211 EHD upgrade. It has been suggested that with the EHD attached to a 211 Dsh will charge a DVR fee and in return extend the guide to eight days for timer setup ease.

But this is pure vaporware at this point.

Signal strength and the season change.

Red Sox Rays Game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts