Does your remote make noises?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Here's an odd one...

Does your dish remote make an occasional 'click-click' noise all by itself at times?

If I sit on the couch sans TV on, about every half hour or so, the remote makes an audible 'click click'. It's more mechanical than digital sounding.

I don't like my electronics making noises when they're not told to. ;0)

Here's an odd one...

Does your dish remote make an occasional 'click-click' noise all by itself at times?

If I sit on the couch sans TV on, about every half hour or so, the remote makes an audible 'click click'. It's more mechanical than digital sounding.

Yes mine does the same thing.I thought it was me hearing things, but i figured out it is the remote. Once it was sitting about 1 foot from me and started that clicking noise. Mine does it all of the time.

Mine makes noises. Usually after I have been holding it a while and it is warmed up then when I set it down, it cools down and there are some clicks. I assume it is just contractions from cooling.

It can wake me up, I would have the remote under the covers while watching TV in bed (nice to have UHF remote!), it would be toasty, I would put on the night stand and go to sleep. Then I would be woken up by the cracking noise..

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yup, mine does too. I live in a cold climate and we let the temp drop to in the mid 50's overnight. It's a temp change thing.

I have an old 27" CRT in the bedroom that makes LOUD pops when the temp drops!

Yes mine does the same thing.I thought it was me hearing things, but i figured out it is the remote. Once it was sitting about 1 foot from me and started that clicking noise. Mine does it all of the time.

Glad I'm not crazy!

I'm pretty sure it's not a heat/cooling issue. There's not a huge temp differential in our basement.

It's definitely a mechanical click...sounds like snapping plastic. But it does it all by itself...it can just be sitting on the table all by itself and about every half hour or so, you hear it.

Kind of disturbing.

Here's an odd one...

My remote control does the EXACT same thing you are describing. It's more mechanical rather than an electronic noise. Has nothing to do with temperature either. I would love to know why it does this as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)