Don't Believe NPS about C band support ending.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NPS has been in bed with Charlie...

and now I think that Charlie wants a ring!!!... :eek:

I looked at the updated programming charts which are now without the yearly subs and do not include the uplinking fee and WOW! Prices are up again! :shocked

NPS has been in bed with Charlie...

and now I think that Charlie wants a ring!!!... :eek:

I looked at the updated programming charts which are now without the yearly subs and do not include the uplinking fee and WOW! Prices are up again! :shocked

Man I am sooooo glad I switched to SRL when I did, those guys are so curtious when you call them, and I like their line up, I know there where channels on G3 that people liked, but from what I have read on these boards, and others SRL and Skyvision say they have plans for the future, so you never know what might happen.
Terry

I just wanted to say I just found out about this board about a month ago, I like it here.
There is another board, won't say which one it is, some nice guys there too, but it seams like about 1/2 of them already have their umbrellas out waiting for the sky to fall.
So in short thanks guys!!
Terry

I just wanted to say I just found out about this board about a month ago, I like it here.
There is another board, won't say which one it is, some nice guys there too, but it seams like about 1/2 of them already have their umbrellas out waiting for the sky to fall.
So in short thanks guys!!
Terry

Even though it's a little late :welcome to Satguys.
The Best Satellite Forum Out There! :)

Last edited:
I have had a big dish since 4-1-1982 and I plan on keeping mine until all of the programmers are gone. Mike Shraeder (SP), who started NPS years ago was my installer. Back then he operated out of a hole-in-the-wall office on the northwest side of Indianapolis.

After I posted the story, I heard from Mike Kohl who said a lot of what has been reported that he said was taken out of context.

We will hear whats really up directly from the mans mouth tonight at 9PM on the SatTalk show.

i am with SRL and very happy with them. NPS was good when i had them. its been a while since i had nps. they did screw up my credit card charges one time that ended up with me spending 8 hours on the phone that day trying to get the charges corrected. this has happened to me with several companies i deal with so its not just nps.

i don't like the idea that they are in bed with dish net. sort of a sellout but i guess they are going where the money is.

After I posted the story, I heard from Mike Kohl who said a lot of what has been reported that he said was taken out of context.

We will hear whats really up directly from the mans mouth tonight at 9PM on the SatTalk show.

Mikes original statements to me were that what NPS was saying about Motorola ending support is "hogwash" and they (NPS) made a deal with the devil. This is what I originally reported.

There has been so much information that others posted, plus letters and information from other sites that some things are embellished upon I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to the whole story tonight. :)

Last edited:
Mike Kohl said everything is fine with the 4dtv and Motorola "Business as usual". The whole NPS sky is falling fiasco is being created by them (NPS).

He did mention that if any G3 channels (like foxnews that I like) are made available to us, that Comcast would have to change their format so we can view them, but he did sound like they were going to try to get us some of those unavailable channels. He didn't lie though and promise anything, so we have to respect that.

Lets hope for megapipe capability...

Sound File

I recorded the whole show. I'm putting together a sound clip with Mike Kohl telling the 4DTV / NPS / Motorola whole story. I will make it available for you guys to listen too. I hope to have it up later today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts