DPP 44 Not Working

It would be really awesome if the installer DID use a DPP Twin, at least then the bulk of the programming (110/119) would be coming in. Furthermore, two receivers (regardless if they're DPP or just DP tech) would be available for use.

From the tech portal
Standard Configuration:
DISH 1000 includes a DP Plus Twin and a DP Dual (or DP Single) LNBF - no switch needed for up to two receivers.
  • DP Plus Twin LNBF for orbital locations; 110°, 119°
  • DP Dual (or DP Single) LNBF for orbital locations; 129°
    * When installing with a DPP 44 switch, the DP Dual must be connected directly to the switch and NOT to the DPP Twin.
If this is your setup you will need about a 6' RG6 to run from the DPdual or single to the DPP Twin, this would give you all three sats on the 622 and maybe the 942 also... would this not work webbydude?

I am at work now, but I called my son and he said it is a DPP Twin. So I guess I will need to do some disassembly/reassembly of the 1000 when I get home.

Well, the Dish tech came today found that the DPP44 was ok, it was the power inserter. He said my setup did not need the power inserter because all my receivers were DishPro technology. He bypassed the power inserter and all is well. That was the only thing I did not try. Live and learn I guess.

Well, the Dish tech came today found that the DPP44 was ok, it was the power inserter. He said my setup did not need the power inserter because all my receivers were DishPro technology. He bypassed the power inserter and all is well. That was the only thing I did not try. Live and learn I guess.

Hmm, once again the installer is not correct. Yes, you have a bad power inserter and by removing it he fixed the problem. But, it's imperative to have the power inserter in port 1 to supply power to the LNBs and switch. The receivers are now supplying more power than they were designed to. You may have problems in the future with the receivers.

I would just buy a power inserter online and take care of the problem.

Is there really such a thing as a DishPro receiver?

Hmm, once again the installer is not correct. Yes, you have a bad power inserter and by removing it he fixed the problem. But, it's imperative to have the power inserter in port 1 to supply power to the LNBs and switch. The receivers are now supplying more power than they were designed to. You may have problems in the future with the receivers.

I would just buy a power inserter online and take care of the problem.

Thanks, RandallA. I will call Dish back and request them send me a new power inserter. Now I have to send back the DPP44 switch they just sent me.

I must be doing something wrong. I unplugged all receivers and power inverter. I disconnected every cable going into the switch. I connected all cables back to switch. Plugged in the receiver connected to the power inserter and plugged in the power inserter. Performed check switch and still didn't work. Can the power inserter be connected to Port 1 by itself, and not be connected to a receiver?
you might have a bad connection somewhere in the line with your power inserter so the switch is not seeing the inserter

I'm with Randall on this. The DP receivers are doing a bit more work to power up the DPP44 switch. How much is up for speculation. In the short-term you'll be fine. The problem is you may eventually burn out a receiver here or there.

I tried moving the inserter next to the switch where my 510 is and that didn't work either. The red light is not coming on showing the inserter has power, at least that is what the tech said. My electric went out last week so I'm betting a surge knocked it out.

I seen a system work fine for about 4 months without a power inserter, it had a 510, 622, and a 942 in the system.

I went there on a service call because no recievers were working, I searched up and down throughout the house to find there was no power inserter installed.

I installed power inserter - system restored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts