DPsw34 + Dishpro Adapter

rlarryvt

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Barre, Vt
Hi all, first post here and hoping I am posting in the right forum. I have done a couple of searches and have been unable to find the answer I am looking for so ,here goes. I purchased, from Dishstore Online, a Dpsw34 switch and a dishpro adapter so that I could run a 522 + a 3900 0n a Dp500 dish. The 522 works fine, the 3900 works for a while and then I get a switchbox error message. If I switch the wires around and do a switch check it will work for another day or so. Where might my problem be? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks and don't hate me if I posted in wrong forum.

rlarryvt said:
Thanks for the reply, software is P231CLGD-N. Nice pic by the way, Did we date in High School? :eek:

That was a pic of the lovely Gov'r of Delaware.

You have the current software version, Next I'd swap out the DPadapter (since that is most likely returnable if not defective). If that doesn't work, your reciever just ain't jivin with the DPAdapter.

3900 and dp adapter?!

Doesn't the 3900 have OpenTV format?! I think I would bypass the adapter and run the check switch. Just an idea. :rolleyes:

grunt: Welcome aboard, but maybe you got some reading to do. ;)

OpenTV has less than nothing to do with Legacy vs. DishPro vs. Adapter.

Doh!

Wasn't too sure on that one. Guess I was thinking of the 4900 rcvr. :what Anyway...glad to be aboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts