DSR922 + Dish on Austin Craigslist (6-27-9)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw that one. I'm south of Austin about 80 miles. The guy is pretty smart, for not giving up the 922 until the dish is loaded on the truck.

I saw that one. I'm south of Austin about 80 miles. The guy is pretty smart, for not giving up the 922 until the dish is loaded on the truck.
LOL. Yeah, I thought so too.:)
If the UID/battery is still ok, it look like a pretty good deal, even if you have to take the dish down first. If I didnt already have a 922 etc, I'd probably make to ~200 mi trip to check it out.
I wonder if "completely removed" means the pole/concrete too. Cutting them flush is one thing, ($30 4" grinder w/cutting wheels from Lowes is awesome) but digging up that foundation is another.

I would think anyone that would be interested in a 4DTV would also be aware of this forum. I know there is the satforums board as well, but I suspect most 4Ders are reg'd at both places.
So....there's no one else on the board in driving range of Austin that is interested in a 922? Glater is N of San Antone, I'm Houston area and Gremlin is east of me a ways, and so is Dee_Ann as I understand it. No other FTA/potential DCII folks browse the FTA section from this part of Texas?
Hell, he might take two Franklins for it and pay someone local the extra hundred bucks to take the dish down & haul it off. If the thing is in good working order, it should still be worth that much.

There is a System Status screen that is accessed by pressing Option--->6--->5--->5
Line A is the unit ID (12 digit) and should start with 00-12 and match the UID number on the back of the IRD. ie 00-12E9-E411-CA
Line B is the Receiver Number and it should match the number on the back as well.
If the volatile ram is still valid these numbers will match and the unit can be sub'd, presuming the rest of the unit is in working order as well.
Shoot him an email and get him to confirm this. He says he had it sub'd so he should know about this aspect of DSRs. Since the setup is still apparently in tact, I'd see if he would give a demo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)