DTV on demand locking up vizio tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zim2704

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 9, 2010
Kansas
I have been having the problem of when I connect my dtv system to the internet my vizio smart tv locks up. I have tried both wireless and wired options with the same results. I would really like to use the tv apps instead of starting up my ps3 so if you have ideas let me know.

I have port forwarded my router for the vizio tv apps and done all the standard resetting. My list of equipment it's as follows.

My router is a netgear wndr3700, tv is a vizio m3d550sl, an i have 3_hr24s, 1-h24 and 1-hr44.

Last edited:
Is your broadband speed at least 1.5 mbps and stable? Vizio states that their apps need 1.5 mbps or better. Looked and didn't see any firmware updates for that TV, nor any for the router.

From your router model # your internet is probably through DSL, or cable with a separate modem?

Last edited:
Yes I have 20mbps fiber to the premise internet. My biggest thing is that when I connect the directtv to the internet the tv locks up but if I disconnect the directtv the tv is fine.

What are the IP addresses of your TV and the DirecTV box? Are they both set to obtain automatically via DHCP?

If they are the same you will have problems.

They are both set to acquire automatically but I haven't checked the ip addresses. When I get back home that will be something I check.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts