Dual dish receiver that will show HD content in 2 rooms?

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I want to make sure i am not missing something. Does Dish offer a dual receiver that will show HD in two rooms? Not an extra DVR, just a dual HD receiver? The ones I saw on the website show they show HD content on TV one and SD on the 2nd TV, is this correct?

The 722 is the original with 2 Satellite tuners and one OTA tuner. Later they took out the OTA tuner and put a slot in where you can install an OTA tuner module that actually does 2 OTA stations, this is the 722k model.

2 HD signals

He did not say they had to be different pix's/ cl's ? If that is true then as you guys have said run T V #1 HDMI and the T V #2 Composite, And sw. T V #2 to the modulated the ch.?? when absolutely have to have seperate ch's. Maybe it would fill his needs.

I use the modulators in the receivers and a separate one (4 extra channels since 1994) and have HD all over the house and grounds.

2 questions regarding the sling rec 300.

1- Is this restricted to 922 & 722 receivers, or is there a way to enable sling functionality on other dish receivers? Perhaps this involves a 2nd external sling device that can be attached to say, a 211?

2- I am trying to figure out Bell / Dish equivalents for my mom in Canada. Is the 9242 the 722 equivalent, or is it the 9241? Are those (9242, 9241) sling enabled?

We have both been looking for wireless ways to view HD programming on a 2nd tv, and this would be a very interesting way to go.

Thanks

That is correct. We use a 622, and have a 32" HDTV upstairs on the SD feed. At ~14' viewing distance, we can't really tell its not HD. Maybe more obvious with sports, etc. What resolution do we get on the "SD" feed? 480i, 480p?

2 questions regarding the sling rec 300.

1- Is this restricted to 922 & 722 receivers, or is there a way to enable sling functionality on other dish receivers? Perhaps this involves a 2nd external sling device that can be attached to say, a 211?

2- I am trying to figure out Bell / Dish equivalents for my mom in Canada. Is the 9242 the 722 equivalent, or is it the 9241? Are those (9242, 9241) sling enabled?

We have both been looking for wireless ways to view HD programming on a 2nd tv, and this would be a very interesting way to go.

Thanks

Any feedback is appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts