DVB-S2X or T2-MI feeds?

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Are there any DVB-S2X or T2MI feeds in North America? I was looking at Lyngsat and I couldn't tell.

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
Are there any DVB-S2X or T2MI feeds in North America? I was looking at Lyngsat and I couldn't tell.
yes, T2MI channels on SES4 @ 40.5W, mostly from Colombia. I get some of them on the OSMIO4K. I'm not aware of any others that we can get in North America

As for DVB-S2X I don't know

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Lyngsat shows T2MI in the second column from left (System SR FEC column) where applicable. For example, the Teleantioquia transponder on SES 6 @ 40.5W shows T2MI. I had to install the the T2MI software on my Edision to receive these two HD channels.

Reactions: c-spand

c-spand

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 25, 2019
USA
I downloaded T2MI for my Mio+ via my Edision from the Extra section of the Plugin menu. If there is the T2MI module visible to download on your Mio, then it should be OK to install, I would think.
I will have to look. It is the original tnap. I never tried to install plug ins.

c-spand

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 25, 2019
USA
I cannot find it on this version. I cannot get that sat anyway. But would be nice because i have pulled up many t2mi.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
I cannot find it on this version. I cannot get that sat anyway. But would be nice because i have pulled up many t2mi.
You really need to load the latest TNAP, if you are running 3.0~. You have 4 slots to play with, what's taking you so long? The latest is the BEST version by FAR.

Follow THIS post first: Edision - Edision Mio Configuration Issue

THEN run this:
Menu > Setup > Flash Image > TNAP-4.1 (click on the +) > TNAP-4.1-osmio4k_20210911_multiboot.zip > Flash Image

After that's all complete, run a software update:

MENU > Setup > Software Update > OK button

Then you'll be able to load the T2MI drivers

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I need to update to 4.1, I guess this will be my excuse even though still not sure there is any T2-MI for me to see

Reactions: primestar31

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
DVBS2X will likely become more widely used as satellite providers upgrade platforms to make more efficient use of the reduced C-band band frequency allocation. Since the HDTV transition to support 720+ resolutions, there hasn't been much incentive for links to upgrade equipment past DVBS2. My bet is that the C-band reallocation will provide a financial motivation. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)